Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Go to www.lastminutetravel.com. Put in Miami downtown and ask for a 5 star hotel. It doesn't name the hotel, but it should come up as the Intercontinental Hotel (a wonderful hotel 1/2 mile from the port and if you request a bayside room when you check-in you'll be able to actually see the ships in port). If you click on "more info" it will list that it's across from Bayside Market...that way you'll know it's Intercontinental Hotel. It's going for $87/night, which is an absolute steal (the hotel typically goes for $250-$500/night). I just booked a friend of mine for mid October for that rate.

Jo-Ann

Bless U Jo-Ann! I have NEVER even considered a 5* hotel. I just booked this for our cruise end of Oct. and confirmation was immediate.

Do you feel a rental car is needed? We really only need it for my husband's trip the the Wine and Sprits store. Perhaps there is a liquor store near. Also, do they provide transport from airport and to the port?

Thanks

I got confirmed status the same day of making the deal.:)

that is awesome! I'm just afraid folks that are getting an immediate confirmation might be mistaking their "on request" booking receipt for their confirmed reservation. I've read more than a few cases where that happened and they were understandably upset.

Glad to hear from a few of you that the reservation did indeed go through. I am crossing my fingers that everyone gets the reservation they want :)

I received an email within minutes. It says in large bold print Reservation Confirmation. It has Reservation Status: Confirm. It states under Remarks: Reservation booking has been confirmed and is guaranteed. It goes on to say that name may not be adjusted in the hotel's reservation system until closer to arrival.

I received an email within minutes. It says in large bold print Reservation Confirmation. It has Reservation Status: Confirm. It states under Remarks: Reservation booking has been confirmed and is guaranteed. It goes on to say that name may not be adjusted in the hotel's reservation system until closer to arrival.

lucky you! I'm there a week after you are and it's not an instant confirmation :( Bon Voyage!

Bless U Jo-Ann! I have NEVER even considered a 5* hotel. I just booked this for our cruise end of Oct. and confirmation was immediate.

Do you feel a rental car is needed? We really only need it for my husband's trip the the Wine and Sprits store. Perhaps there is a liquor store near. Also, do they provide transport from airport and to the port?

Thanks

Glad to be of help. No, a rental car is not necessary. There are many stores (CVS, Walgreens, Marshall's, TJMaxx) etc. within a couple of blocks of the hotel. There is also a wine store (beer and wine is available at the CVS and Walgreens). There is a very helpful Concierge in the lobby of the hotel...he will be able to help you with any questions you may have.

None of the hotels in Miami provide free shuttle to the port. The port is literally 5 minutes from the hotel...if you request a bayside room when checking in, you will see the ships in port in the a.m. When you are ready to head over to the port, just go to the lobby and they will call you a taxi. It's about a $10 taxi ride.

Jo-Ann

I believe that the hotel charges for parking. I am unaware if a booking entity is able to add that on.

My "gut" feel is that it would be much more economical to drive to the port terminal parking and park there rather than leave you transportation in a hotel. The parking fees in hotels in my experience is usually "pricier."

That may not answer your question in totality, but maybe another option to consider.

We are driving. Do they charge for parking at the hotel? We leave 9/6 and return 9/16. How does this work if we use lmt?

The information I have says that parking is $34. Althought it didn't state it I assume it is per day.

I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn.It says they will charge you a nights stay if you cancel. I would like to cancel and try for Intercontinetal. I didn't think places like Holiday Inn would charge you for canceling. It wasn't booked on Priceline or any of those other sites.

it depends on what room you purchased. If you purchased an "Advance Purchase" or a "discount rate" for example, it's a one night's stay cancellation charge. If you purchased a "Best flexible rate" you can cancel up to a couple days before with no penalty.

Whatever rate you booked under, double check the cancellation policy for that one specifically.

I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn.It says they will charge you a nights stay if you cancel. I would like to cancel and try for Intercontinetal. I didn't think places like Holiday Inn would charge you for canceling. It wasn't booked on Priceline or any of those other sites.

I would try calling HI and asking them, based on your reservation number, whether or not they will charge you a cancellation fee. It should have told you when you booked what the cancellation policy is. There are some rates (usually lower priced) that do charge, but it tells you upfront.

lucky you! I'm there a week after you are and it's not an instant confirmation :( Bon Voyage!

Thanks fellow Cruise Critics! Just booked the Intercontinental in Miaim for 8/19 pre-cruise for $96.31 (incl tax) Yay!

Thanks fellow Cruise Critics! Just booked the Intercontinental in Miaim for 8/19 pre-cruise for $96.31 (incl tax) Yay!

Just did the same for our Oct. 31st sailing. Hope we get the confirmation. Thanks for the tip, fellow CCers! :D

Dear Jo-Ann,

I just want to sincerly thank you. I too, just booked at the Intercontinental for 11/18/2010 for $96.31 total. I feel as though I have found a new website for great deals, thanks to you. You truely have saved me and others on this board some money, which I am completely appreciative of.

Again,

Thank You,

Jonathan

Just booked the Intercontinental for Oct. 20 for pre-cruise. Thanks so much for sharing this. I had been bidding for a 3.5 star on Priceline and my bid hadn't been accepted. This is a much nicer hotel than I was bidding on!

I still haven't received a confirmation for the order I placed on Tuesday afternoon, but when I check the status under the "My Account" section, it shows "Sold Out" as the status.

Guessing I didn't get the room. Bummer. :(

I don't really have any specific recommendations for breakfast, but I do know the Latin American Cafe at Bayside Market opens at 7 a.m. You can eat breakfast waterside since it's Bayside is a marina.

Glad to all who got the IC for that rate! You're going to love this hotel. And for anybody interested in spa treatments, their spa is fabulous.

Jo-Ann

Thank you so much Jo-Ann if you don't mind one more question. We will have all day Saturday to spend in Miami we want to check out the D.A.S.H store, Miami Ink and then just swim in the ocean to keep cool. My question is what would be the best and cheapest way to get over to the beach area from the Marriott Biscayne Bay to where these stores and beach are? Should we go to a specific beach area?

let me know where you book and how much please....

i saw embassy suites for 2 people $100 fropm priceline.com which includes buffet breakfast for 2 as well...

but we need rooms that accomodate 4 people..

we're going to wait until August to book the room to see if it comes down

Archived