Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Thank you so much Jo-Ann if you don't mind one more question. We will have all day Saturday to spend in Miami we want to check out the D.A.S.H store, Miami Ink and then just swim in the ocean to keep cool. My question is what would be the best and cheapest way to get over to the beach area from the Marriott Biscayne Bay to where these stores and beach are? Should we go to a specific beach area?

The beach (South Beach area) is about 10-15 minutes from Marriott Biscayne Bay. The least expensive way would be a bus, but that would take longer with stops, etc. May be best to bite the bullet and take a train. But check at the hotel...maybe they have a shuttle to the beach area.

I'm so glad to help those who were able to get IC for such a great price. It's our very favorite hotel and I know none of you will be disappointed.

BTW, for anybody who needs a room for 4, just request two double beds.

Jo-Ann

The beach (South Beach area) is about 10-15 minutes from Marriott Biscayne Bay. The least expensive way would be a bus, but that would take longer with stops, etc. May be best to bite the bullet and take a train. But check at the hotel...maybe they have a shuttle to the beach area.

I'm so glad to help those who were able to get IC for such a great price. It's our very favorite hotel and I know none of you will be disappointed.

BTW, for anybody who needs a room for 4, just request two double beds.

Jo-Ann

I meant to say "bite the bullet and take a TAXI...not a train"!!!

Jo-Ann

I meant to say "bite the bullet and take a TAXI...not a train"!!!

Jo-Ann

Thanks Jo-Ann I'm glad you clarified Taxi also thanks for the great idea of asking if the hotel has a shuttle to the beach. Its people like you that help make Cruise Critic such a wonderful website. :)

Hi, I am wondering if all that booked through lastminutetravel have ever used this company before? I along with everyone jumped at the low price for this hotel. Thing is we have a special filter for our credit card due to some past fraud with our card. The credit card company called me within the hour of my hotel purchase asking if I had incurred the charge billed to some obsure location in Israel. Now I am wondering if this is legit?? So just inquiring if anyone has used this internet company in the past? Thanks

The credit card company called me within the hour of my hotel purchase asking if I had incurred the charge billed to some obsure location in Israel.

You might want to check that hotel address! j/k

I have never used them before, but a close friend has many times and said she has never had a problem. I checked my recent usage for my card and everything appears to be in order and okay. I'll keep checking though since this has me a little concerned. Anxious to hear if anyone else has had an issue.

Perhaps the computer you were using had a virus or something where someone was able to access your info and got your card number when you entered it for the room? I sure hope it wasn't lastminutetravel's site that has/had an issue. Let us know what you find out!

Thank you for all of the information, I was just worried with the card charge going overseas and then on the e=mail it said do not call the hotel as it would not be in there system until closer to booked day. Any other on-line service I have used has not been like that, the reservation was sent directly.

I still haven't received a confirmation for the order I placed on Tuesday afternoon, but when I check the status under the "My Account" section, it shows "Sold Out" as the status.

Guessing I didn't get the room. Bummer. :(

oct 31st is sold out. i contacted them before they would tell me it is. The IC and the Hyatt are hosting the Ironman Competition that night. It's going to be tough getting a hotel that night (30th)

Just stayed at the IC for one night. Got the room for the $84 via lastminutetravel. It took about 24 hours for the res to be processed after which I called the hotel to confirm. When I check in, the hotel said that for another $20 I could upgrade to a harbor view. They put me in a room on floor 16 with a millionaire view of the harbor. Could see all the boats coming and going. The view was worth the extra $20.

The hotel is beautiful and situated within walking distance of the bayside market. I stayed the night of the World Cup and they had a lot of music (free) going on with a lot of that sexy Spanish dancing. The hotel also has a Starbucks inside which has reasonable prices. Would stay at this hotel again for the view and location. The cost of the taxi from the hotel to the cruise terminal (NCL) was $8.50 plus tip. The only drawback is that there was now cheap way to access South Beach so I decided not to visit that area as the taxi cost would have been too much.

I made my res in May and called the IC 2 days after the confirmation and they had the res.

I also booked for two friends (one for the end of this month and one in July). I called IC yesterday and confirmed that they have their reservation and was told they did.

As I said, I've used lastminutetravel many times and never had a problem with them.

I wish I could get the IC for these wonderful prices for our February Eclipse cruise, but the prices are much higher since Feb. is peak season.

Jo-Ann

JerseyGirl3,

You seem to have LMT dialed in! Was wondering if you know how to identify any of the hotels they have listed in South Beach?? I am looking for a room (maybe more) for Christmas Night. I see one on there for $125 or so, which is listed as 3.5 starts, which is fine, but have no idea what hotel

If need be, we will stay at the IC again (plan to book there on December 17th), but we have all day the 25th and most of the day on the 26th to enjoy the beach!!

Any assitance would greatly appreciated!!:)

JerseyGirl3,

You seem to have LMT dialed in! Was wondering if you know how to identify any of the hotels they have listed in South Beach?? I am looking for a room (maybe more) for Christmas Night. I see one on there for $125 or so, which is listed as 3.5 starts, which is fine, but have no idea what hotel

If need be, we will stay at the IC again (plan to book there on December 17th), but we have all day the 25th and most of the day on the 26th to enjoy the beach!!

There's an easy way to figure out exactly what you're getting on LMT. They have a sister site, Tourico Holidays, which lists the hotels with the same descriptions and ID numbers. You have to be a travel agent to use Tourico from the initial page, so use this one: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=2155&provider=localTgsProvider

Where the above link says hotelId=2155 is where you look in Last Minute Travel's URL (run your cursor over it to see the URL come up on your screen) for the number of the hotel you want to find out about. Cut & paste (or remember) the ID number and put it in the above tourico link (replacing the existing number) and voila! You can find out what the hotel is.

Last Minute Travel has the Marriott Biscayne for $128. for Jan 8, 2011. Is that a good price for that time period? Also, has anyone stayed there? Is it a good place to stay pre-cruise? Thanks for all help and info.

I am trying to book the IC thru lastminutetravel.com for our upcoming cruise on Carnival Liberty. Trying to get one night pre-cruise on Nov. 12, 2010. Put in request yesterday lunch time and still showing Request status now (30 hours and counting). Anybody else had to wait this long but was still successful? Tried to see if maybe something was going on that week-end but didn't find anything. And hotel site still show full-price vacancies. Should I start looking for a 2nd choice or maybe I'm just hurrying the system? :confused:

Last Minute Travel has the Marriott Biscayne for $128. for Jan 8, 2011. Is that a good price for that time period? Also, has anyone stayed there? Is it a good place to stay pre-cruise? Thanks for all help and info.

Check the reviews on Tripadvisor for this hotel I believe its a pretty good hotel. I bid on a room there for next month and got it for $55 a night on Priceline. I bid again for another room months later and got it for $75 a night. To me $128 seems high. Like stated earlier on this thread you might want to be sure if anything big is going on in Miami on that date. It could be the reason its coming in so high.

Check the reviews on Tripadvisor for this hotel I believe its a pretty good hotel. I bid on a room there for next month and got it for $55 a night on Priceline. I bid again for another room months later and got it for $75 a night. To me $128 seems high. Like stated earlier on this thread you might want to be sure if anything big is going on in Miami on that date. It could be the reason its coming in so high.

What did you put in for priceline to get the hotel?

What did you put in for priceline to get the hotel?

I bid downtown Miami 3 1/2 STARS $55.00 and got Marriott Biscayne that was in March for our August cruise. Then in June my son decided to join us so I tried for the Marriott again and got it only this time I had to up my bid to $75.

I had read that people were getting the Marriott for $55 that's why I tried it.

Check out this thread under Ports of Call, Florida the first thread is Summary of winning bids on Priceline.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412923

Good luck let me know how you did.

I am trying to book the IC thru lastminutetravel.com for our upcoming cruise on Carnival Liberty. Trying to get one night pre-cruise on Nov. 12, 2010. Put in request yesterday lunch time and still showing Request status now (30 hours and counting). Anybody else had to wait this long but was still successful? Tried to see if maybe something was going on that week-end but didn't find anything. And hotel site still show full-price vacancies. Should I start looking for a 2nd choice or maybe I'm just hurrying the system? :confused:

Had similar issue two weeks ago. Had booked a last minute cruise and had only 3 days left before I was cruising. For me it took about 24 hours before they sent me a confirmation email. When I called, lastminutetravel, they said that it can take as much as 48 hours as they wait on the response from the hotel's computer system. since I only had a few days left, they told me to call back the day before my cruise and they could find me another hotel. Luvkily the confirmation came two days before me cruise for $84.

Just give it until at least 48 hours as this hotel is worth the wait for as it is a cheap price for a 5 star hotel in this prime location.

Anyone know of any Miami hotels with shuttles to/from the airport and/or the port?

Will be taking GF on her first trip to Miami - would love to stay somewhere near south beach, but looking not to spend a million dollars on cabs, etc. (Gotta save it for the cruise!) Do any of the hotels run shuttles for either/or?

JerseyGirl3,

Hi CL

I've booked the IC last night via lastminutetravel.com for 16th and 17th Dec pre-cruise. I received an immediate confirmation, but that could be due to the time difference. I paid the equivalent of $194 inc taxes but I paid in British Pounds so there might be a couple of dollars discrepancy with the currency conversion.

Scored the IC for Aug 7 2010 for the $96.31 total including taxes. (83.03 without taxes).

Regular room rate is $120+ tax for the night so not enourmous savings but it covers the cab fare to the hotel and the port!

Thanks for sharing the LMT site to check.

Archived