Eurodam - Can I make it?

tlacabe

Holland America's - Eurodam Sail Date 11/20/2010 - 11/27/2010

I'm trying to book a flight from the MIA airport on 11/27/2010. There is a non-stop flight that leaves from MIA at 10:25. Eurodam itinerary shows that the boat docks at 7:00am. Will I be able to make the 10:25 flight out of MIA. :rolleyes:

Please tell me what you think

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on a lot of factors, but I would not risk it. However, more than likely, you will be sitting in the airport by 9:00, ready for your flight that leaves at 1:00. :D The MIA airport is much better than trying to get through the FLL airport, IMO.

it is tight, and i am not sure i would be comfortable with that small amount of breathing room. i'm not saying you couldn't do it, but MIA is a zoo.

remember, any number of things can happen, like customs delays, etc.

plus MIA is not as close to the FLL pier as the FLL airport is....can you leave out of FLL instead? you are far more likely to make that one.

If HAL books the flights, you are more likely to get consideration for early disembarkation or rebooking if you don't make the flight.

if you do it on your own, you are indeed, on your own.

personally, i would rather make a connection or spend the day in florida, taking a later flight, than i would stressing out over the small window of time.

good luck and smooth sailing whatever you decide!

Correction: I didn't realize the Eurodam sailed into Port Everglades (although I should have, as I was on the ship in February :D.) Anyway, you will need to add an hour to your time to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. Sorry, I don't think there is any way you could make that flight.

cruisett.com says there will be 4 ships in Port Everglades, including Oasis of the Seas, for a total of 13,231 passengers leaving. Miami will have 5 ships, totalling another 13,206. I think it would be a minor miracle if you made a 10:25a flight out of MIA.

Archived