ROLL CALL- Silver Cloud, Voyage 1103

ScottToronto

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good evening from Toronto, Canada.

;) It's been many years since we sailed on the famous Silver Cloud. This will be our 16th voyage with Silverseas and only our 2nd on the Cloud. From what I hear....it's the first Silversea ship and still the most popular.

There are 5 of us sailing. Look forward to meeting some of the CC members.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=1-22-2011&text=Voyage 1103, January 22nd, 2011.  San Juan-Barbados.&ship=Silver Cloud

Good evening from Toronto, Canada.

;) It's been many years since we sailed on the famous Silver Cloud. This will be our 16th voyage with Silverseas and only our 2nd on the Cloud. From what I hear....it's the first Silversea ship and still the most popular.

There are 5 of us sailing. Look forward to meeting some of the CC members.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=1-22-2011&text=Voyage 1103, January 22nd, 2011.San Juan-Barbados.&ship=Silver Cloud

good evening scottToronto,

nice to read that you are going on the cloud next januari. 16 cruises with silversea:cool::) thats great !!!!!

We (my wife and I) live in belgium and are sailing the cloud next november barcelona-barbados. second time with silversea:p

can you please tell me, if you always book with the same travelagent?

In Belgium it's very hard to find some cruisedeals. my former travelagent never heard from free air, or cruisecredits, (we like to go for a extra cruise than paying a lot of money for oneway airlinetickets}

So now i have tried AmericanExpresstravel.:confused:

has anyone some tips on good websites for booking silversea cruises? maybe cruise.co.uk ?

many thanks from belgium

Good evening from Toronto, Canada. It's been many years since we sailed on the famous Silver Cloud. This will be our 16th voyage with Silverseas and only our 2nd on the Cloud. From what I hear....it's the first Silversea ship and still the most popular. There are 5 of us sailing. Look forward to meeting some of the CC members. Hope to hear from you soon, Kind regards, ScottToronto

We were on the Silver Cloud in early July with duct tape and others. We enjoyed the ship, food, staff, fellow passengers, etc., in a wonderful way. You can look below at the live postings I did with lots of pictures, food samples, etc. Here are a few visual samples for how nicely things were. Let us know any questions about the Silver Cloud. Very classy!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Outside of the Silver Cloud’s Panorama Lounge is this wonderful, sheltered outdoor area with nicely-traditional deck chairs. You needed blankets, but it worked well in great comfort for being so far above the Arctic Circle. Some are napping, some enjoying a book and one gentleman has his Kindle electronic reader. Very tech savvy!:

CloudBackOutdoorLounging.jpg

The pool deck bar offers a wide range of drinks and options, plus a wide-screen TV and some nice art reflecting the Italian heritage of the Silver Cloud ownership.:

CloudPoolDeckBar.jpg

There is live music by this quartet for the enjoyment of guest experiencing this noon buffet.:

CloudBuffetLiveMusic.jpg

Here is just one sampling of the three different tables with various dessert treats. This one picture is worth about one thousand fork-fulls. We have been told these delights are all low-cal, right?:

CloudBuffetDessertsOne.jpg

The library on the Silver Cloud has both a nice selection of books, DVD’s and CD’s, but also a very warm and inviting style. Major newspapers from around the world are printed out each day and are available there.:

CloudLibrary.jpg

The weather was wonderfully upper 60’s for breakfast on our first sea day sailing to Norway. Here’s our dining view with another cruise ship sailing south from fjord country.:

CPHBreakfastViews.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Terry,

Thanks for sharing your pics from your recent voyage on the Cloud. Looks great. We are looking forward to sailing with Jorge again. He's a great Maitre D. Our most recent sailings with Jorge were the Wind.

After seeing your wonderful pictures of your dinner at LC "Best Of Burgundy", I think we are going to try Le Champagne for the first time. We have sailed over 16 times with Silverseas but never tried it. Looks like an awesome treat.

Anyone joining us on this voyage?

Cheers!!

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=1-22-2011&text=Voyage 1103, January 22nd, 2011.San Juan-Barbados.&ship=Silver Cloud

Hi Terry, Thanks for sharing your pics from your recent voyage on the Cloud. Looks great. We are looking forward to sailing with Jorge again. He's a great Maitre D. Our most recent sailings with Jorge were the Wind. After seeing your wonderful pictures of your dinner at LC "Best Of Burgundy", I think we are going to try Le Champagne for the first time. We have sailed over 16 times with Silverseas but never tried it. Looks like an awesome treat. ScottToronto

THANKS, Scott, for the nice comments on my visuals for our Silver Cloud experience! YES, Jorge is super awesome. Because we had a fairly long trip, I got to know him well and talked with him many times. His attitude, skills and knowledge are amazing. Below is a "Jorge in action" picture. He was always, working, thinking of the passengers and their needs.

Enjoy that La Champagne dining experience! Glad you're trying it. Let us know how it works out and what your exact menu was. Look forward to a detailed report. Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 19,900 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

Here’s a picture of Maitre D' Jorge doing a great job finalizing details to get ready for the start of the International Buffet at noon on the Silver Cloud on a sea day. Nice ice carving and super food!:

CloudBuffetJorgeFinalDetails.jpg

Have sailed exclusively on the Wind before, so this will be my 1st cruise on the Cloud. I'm taking advantage of a very attractive single supplement being offered on Vistas and booking my own suite altho' I'll be traveling with a good friend (2 women/1bathroom = conflict; keep your friends by booking separate suites!). Anyone have suggestions on "best Vista suites" on the Cloud? Also looking at the itin, I see we'll be visiting a new island everyday (+1 sea-day) and I'd like to spend at least one day lolling in the surf & sand. Any recommendations on island resorts/hotels/restaurants where one can get a day-pass for beach access, chairs, umbrellas, etc.? Glad to hear Jorge will be with us on this cruise, he took wonderful care of me as a solo in the Med last Spring.

The Cloud is wonderful, you will thoroughly enoy it. Just one wee word of advice. Try to pick a vista suite that's not too close to the laundrette - people tend to congregate and chat in the corridor as there isn't much space inside it.

Good afternoon friends on CC.

Just checking if anyone is booked on the Cloud

(Voyage 1103, January 22, 2011).

Hope to meet up with some CC. members.

Bon voyage!

ScottToronto

Hello there, I've just booked this cruise yesterday - first time with Silversea and looking forward to some warm sunshine. Any advice for first-timers?

Hello there, I've just booked this cruise yesterday - first time with Silversea and looking forward to some warm sunshine. Any advice for first-timers?

Up until early July, we were "virgins" with Silversea. We were very pleased on this trip, our third total cruise, after doing earlier trips with Seabourn and Crystal. Check out the below-noted live/blog posting that I did, day-by-day, during our July 1-16 cruise on the Silver Cloud. This will give you lots and lots of details and visual previews that might be of benefit. It gets down to details on exact closet and balcony size, liquor options on the ship, food treats, butler program, etc., etc. Let us know any questions. Happy to share more.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 21,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Terry, thank you so much for this link. The information is astounding! I can't think of anything that you have not covered, well done and once again I thank you

THANKS for checking out my postings and the very nice comments! If you have any added questions, just ask. Enjoy your first cruise with Silversea and may you have plenty of great sunshine! On the ship and with the staff, don't be shy. If you have an interest, creative idea or question, just ask. The staff likes to be helpful and satisfy your needs. Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 22,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning! :)

Just checking in to see who is joining us on Voyage 1103, San Juan to Barbados, January 22 on the Silver Cloud. I know that Silverseas lowered the single supplement and offered a generous shipboard recently. I think this voyage is going to be full. We are a party of 5 (my family and partner).

I heard that Jorge who is currently on vacation rejoins the Cloud on January 14th just in time for our voyage. Those of you who know Jorge, know how amazing he is. Those of you who know Wilma (bar waitress) from the Whisper, she will also be joining the Cloud on January 14th.

More favourites that should be onboard are Carlito, Joey, Arnel, Emerson, Sharon, Ernesto, Judie Abbott and Douglas Hope (executive chef).......just to name a few.

It's always wonderful to see the familiar faces when we board. It's the amazing staff that bring us back to Silverseas over and over. I'm sure Duct Tape, TLCOhio and Wripro will agree with me on this one.

Look forward to seeing everyone onboard.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=ScottToronto&date=1-22-2011&text=Voyage 1103, January 22nd, 2011.  San Juan-Barbados.&ship=Silver Cloud

More favourites that should be onboard are Carlito, Joey, Arnel, Emerson, Sharon, Ernesto, Judie Abbott and Douglas Hope (executive chef).......just to name a few. It's always wonderful to see the familiar faces when we board. It's the amazing staff that bring us back to Silverseas over and over. I'm sure Duct Tape, TLCOhio and Wripro will agree with me on this one. Bon Voyage! ScottToronto

Agree!!! Looks like you've got a great crew on a wonderful ship. Below is Jorge and Douglas from our cruise as we sailed up a narrow fjord along the Norway Coast. Got to know these two super-stars well and they are both awesome.

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 24,425 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From our sailing up the narrow Trollfjord, here is the Dining Room Manager and Executive Chef on deck enjoying the unique views.:

SvolvaerShipFolksFjord.jpg

Good morning! :)

Just checking in to see who is joining us on Voyage 1103, San Juan to Barbados, January 22 on the Silver Cloud. I know that Silverseas lowered the single supplement and offered a generous shipboard recently. I think this voyage is going to be full. We are a party of 5 (my family and partner).

I heard that Jorge who is currently on vacation rejoins the Cloud on January 14th just in time for our voyage. Those of you who know Jorge, know how amazing he is. Those of you who know Wilma (bar waitress) from the Whisper, she will also be joining the Cloud on January 14th.

More favourites that should be onboard are Carlito, Joey, Arnel, Emerson, Sharon, Ernesto, Judie Abbott and Douglas Hope (executive chef).......just to name a few.

It's always wonderful to see the familiar faces when we board. It's the amazing staff that bring us back to Silverseas over and over. I'm sure Duct Tape, TLCOhio and Wripro will agree with me on this one.

Look forward to seeing everyone onboard.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

The most enjoyable ship in the Silversea family with the fantastic you named it will be a bonus.Hope they are all on long contracts as we join the Cloud on 20 July 2011 for 38 days .Cant wait.Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After this past week of unusually long-lived snow, ice and artic weather here in the SE, I am sooo ready for this Caribbean cruise! Anyone interested in getting together for a CC-meet up? Might be fun to see the 'real' person behind the posts.

Archived