Tv show, "how do they do that"

Just watching a show on science channel about turning around a cruise ship in port, it is very neet show.

One of the cabin stewards they spoke of, it said he is responsible for 65 cabins each week, WoW

what does a cabin steward earn in tips? $5.50 per day per guest,

5.50 X 2 X 7 X 65 =

= 11.00 per day X 7 days =

$77.00 X 65 Cabins = $5005 for the week

$5005 X 4 weeks = $20020 per month. Now this might be split to the assistant steward also, but WoW that is allot of money (tax free)

I have NEVER heard of a a room steward who services that many cabins per week. It is impossible to do that amount of rooms twice a day in the hours they work (AM and PM) and o it right. I know of some who have 18 - 20 per week and that is a big load for them.

One of the cabin stewards they spoke of, it said he is responsible for 65 cabins each week, WoW

You must have been watching the sci-fi channel!:)

Twenty cabins is more the norm for a room steward.

It is possibile that they were talking to a supervisor, who might have oversight of 65 cabins, but no steward has that responsibility

Just watching a show on science channel about turning around a cruise ship in port, it is very neet show.

5.50 X 2 X 7 X 65 =

$5005 X 4 weeks = $20020 per month. Now this might be split to the assistant steward also, but WoW that is allot of money (tax free)

Are you kidding me? Come on now, you must realize you are way off. Yes. Sure. Stewards make a quarter of a million dollars a year. If that was true don't you think MAYBE people from other than 3rd world countries would vie for that job? So the Steward makes about the same as a first officer.....sure. Thanks for the info.

You must have been watching the sci-fi channel!:)

Twenty cabins is more the norm for a room steward.

It is possibile that they were talking to a supervisor, who might have oversight of 65 cabins, but no steward has that responsibility

DITTO,,and that money is split among the entire team. Heck, if they made that much moola,,,I just might sign on! :D

"SKY"

The way I understood it, was that he was responsible for overseeing that 65 cabins were ready for embarkation day. I thought that meant he was supervising those 65 cabins. They also showed his fast bed making skills! :D

The way I understood it, was that he was responsible for overseeing that 65 cabins were ready for embarkation day. I thought that meant he was supervising those 65 cabins. They also showed his fast bed making skills! :D

Thank you for clarifying. So it was just a TV comprension issue.

5.50 X 2 X 7 X 65 =

I think normally the tips are 3-3.50 per day per guest. Maybe suites are higher, but, then they would have less rooms to do.

I think most cruise lines have two stewards working as teams, now. I don't know if they have 26 cabins for a pair, or, if they assign more.

3.50 X 2 X 7 X 26 =

= 7.00 per day X 7 days =

$49.00 X 26 Cabins = $1274 for the week

More realistic, but, still not too shabby. Some staterooms may have triples or quads which could increase this a little. But, if that's split two ways....

The people I feel sorry for are the dining room waiters. If you look at the dinner service and see a lot of empty seats, you are probably looking at space for people who are dining in the lido so they don't have to tip. I think it would be more difficult to avoid room steward tips.

Archived