A Definitive guide to the Deluxe Owners Suites aboard the Epic

Do ships always dock facing the same direction? We've been on the Pearl five times (Miami), sometimes forward is facing the city and sometimes faces the harbor.

I honestly do not remember if the ship is always the facing the same direction in the 10 times we've been to St Thomas (for example.)

Do ships always dock facing the same direction? We've been on the Pearl five times (Miami), sometimes forward is facing the city and sometimes faces the harbor.

I honestly do not remember if the ship is always the facing the same direction in the 10 times we've been to St Thomas (for example.)

I think it does change, and depends on which ships are there, and who gets in at what time. There is always a bit of a jockeying for position.

What is the significance on deck plans with the NCL site regarding May 7th. Will they be moving walls between 16000 and 16002? The pre 5/7 plan shows 16000's solarium being on the left side (looking from door) and the post 5/7 shows the solarium on the right side.

preMay7.jpg.jpg.ae5ce82ece674e86b2deda47ff6a63fb.jpg

postMay7.jpg.jpg.cd18002547c2e87dcb1b894519329490.jpg

compare.jpg.jpg.2f8a13bddfe762dd40887d9986263b4c.jpg

Edited by Us2inFL

I was actually confusing the tub and the placement of the shower. I also thought that 16002 in particular had only ceiling to floor windows from end to end. I see the shower stall is the off on the side.

I wish the floorplans would show up somewhere to give better perspective.

BPS:

Is this an accurate layout for OS-16002? Assuming the left side of the picture is forward and the right side (shower) is port, where the window machine is.

Thanks

Looking at the picture the way you have it, the top is straight and to the right (on the side that eventually curves forward) is the window in the shower/bathroom. The window cleaner is in front of the window. There have been some close of pics of the ship showing the port side and and the cleaner is in front of the last window (furtherst towards the back of the ship) of the OS on deck 16 forward.

Edited by benzygirl

• 4 months later...

Here are some photos to 17030. We loved this suite. 4 adults who are good friends shared it. Our son stayed in a studio and was given a villa/suite key with no problem so he could access us and the complex at anytime. It is where the action is and can be fun and a bit noisy when the doors to the balcony are open but completely noiseless when closed. It was a lot of fun to be able to watch and hear all the music from our extra large balcony while not being in the middle of it. We even sat on our balcony in comfort during a tropical rainstorm while we watched everyone on the pool deck run off the deck.

The BATHROOM is the bomb !!! tub in the corner with windows on 2 sides.

You can find the photos at picasaweb dot google dot com backslash realcruises

• 11 months later...
Al the Elevator is not a big detriment in 17035 but the view is not anything special. Here are my pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578070707FUpDgN

2239023590059187889S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for the photo's they are wonderful. Someday, maybe I'll be able to elevate from "regular rift ratf" and enjoy the pleasures of the "elite"

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello, if you don't mind I would like to jump start this thread. Anyone who has stayed in haven owners suite on Epic; which of the suites mentioned is your favorite and why? Am looking at booking one; just want to get a little more info before I book. Thanks.

Hello, if you don't mind I would like to jump start this thread. Anyone who has stayed in haven owners suite on Epic; which of the suites mentioned is your favorite and why? Am looking at booking one; just want to get a little more info before I book. Thanks.

We stayed in 17004 for our honeymoon and it was amazing. This is a forward facing DOS with a balcony on the side (17007 is opposite but the same layout). The bedroom and master bathroom had forward wall to ceiling windows. It was the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in. I did a lot of research prior to picking which DOS, and chose this one based on the balcony privacy and the quietness of the suite. The other suites have much larger balconies, and I believe a bit more square footage, but they are not private, as they face the pool deck, so they can also be very loud.

It really comes down to preference. If you want to be near the party at all times, go for one facing the pool deck. If you want a quiet, private balcony, go for one of the forward suites. For the record, the balcony in the forward suite was not small by any means; we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and a small table and still plenty of room to move around.

We stayed in 17004 for our honeymoon and it was amazing. This is a forward facing DOS with a balcony on the side (17007 is opposite but the same layout). The bedroom and master bathroom had forward wall to ceiling windows. It was the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in. I did a lot of research prior to picking which DOS, and chose this one based on the balcony privacy and the quietness of the suite. The other suites have much larger balconies, and I believe a bit more square footage, but they are not private, as they face the pool deck, so they can also be very loud.

It really comes down to preference. If you want to be near the party at all times, go for one facing the pool deck. If you want a quiet, private balcony, go for one of the forward suites. For the record, the balcony in the forward suite was not small by any means; we had 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and a small table and still plenty of room to move around.

for us quiet is good. Thanks for your tips

In 17033, for us it's nice to know we can still experience the atmosphere down in pool deck from the balcony but can still have our peace and quiet when the balcony door is shut.

So this suite has a balcony facing both the pool and the side of ship?