Fort Lauderdale: Breakfast? Shower?

jaderbee

Hi we're crusing out of Fort Lauderdale on 11/20. Embarking is at 11:30 but we're landing at 5am. Where is a good place to grab breakfast? Or maybe a shower? Anyone know of hotels with day rates? Or places to see? Thanks for any info! This site has been so helpful. :)

Liz

Liz...

If you mean the ship is arriivng in port at 5AM, that is not the time you will disembark. They have to tie up, etc and do alot of ship-things, including inspections and clearance by US Customs before they allow passengers to disembark. Typically, the first group of walkoffs may happen between 8:00 Am and 8:30AM and will go until 10-ish.

The buffet will be open for breakfast the morning of disembarkation.

If you do find a hotel to book for the day, make sure they will accommodate you when you arrive. Most hotels are check-in at 3PM.

I think the OP is coming in for the cruise on a red-eye at 5:00 AM and would like a place to shower and freshen before boarding the ship later that morning :)

I didn't read it that way at first but you are probably right....oh well....

Hi we're crusing out of Fort Lauderdale on 11/20. Embarking is at 11:30 but we're landing at 5am. Where is a good place to grab breakfast? Or maybe a shower? Anyone know of hotels with day rates? Or places to see? Thanks for any info! This site has been so helpful. :)

Liz

One option is to find a gym. There's a Gold's Gym and a Moonlite Diner in Hollywood, just south of the airport, about 15 minutes by cab. Some Gold's franchises offer day passes. The main Gold's website should have contact info for that franchise. Moonlite Diner is nearby, and the food is okay, nothing spetacular. Better bet for food is Lester's but it's up north going away from the airport and Golds.

Liz

I would priceline a cheap airport room for the night before you land. I mean like $35 cheap.

I would then call the hotel and tell them you will not be arriving until the next morning and would like a 1PM checkout.

Hopefully you will get a hotel that has a free breakfast and most airport hotels if not all have an airport shuttle.

A day rate will probably not allow you to arrive at 5Am as those rooms my be occupied.

COuld you possibly post the link to that thread? Thanks.

Here you go: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1047788 It's the FLL FAQ -loads of pages

crewsweeper that is a great idea! Thank you!

BlueHerons I noticed that but thought I would call and ask anyway. I'll look into your suggestion.

THANK YOU!

Liz

Totally agree with BlueHerons. Get a cheap hotel near the airport. You might have to cab it to the hotel if their shuttles don't run that early. Look at parksleepandfly.com and you'll see which hotels offer shuttles from the airport and maybe some that offer shuttles to port.

Make sure you book it for the night before so it's vacant when you arrive.

• 3 months later...
Totally agree with BlueHerons. Get a cheap hotel near the airport. You might have to cab it to the hotel if their shuttles don't run that early. Look at parksleepandfly.com and you'll see which hotels offer shuttles from the airport and maybe some that offer shuttles to port.

Make sure you book it for the night before so it's vacant when you arrive.

I took your adivce though I wasn'y brave enough to try a $35 per night hotel. :) Thanks!

Archived