What is best for 3 people in a cabin on Ecstasy?

sherrintxs

Last year dh and I sailed alone and this year our 13 yr old son is going. Son is 6' and I am worried he isgoing to be in that pull down bed. What is the weight limit on those things, does anyone know? Trying to decide how comfortable all 3 of us will be in one room and the best room to get. Does the aft balcony rooms come with a couch or no?

Thanks for any advice.

There is no weight limit to worry about. I have heard of 300 lbs guys up there.

If its a inside cabin, your choices are a rollaway or the bunk which pulls down from the wall (not the ceiling like conquest class ships).

If you are in a balcony and maybe a OV, you can choose a convertible sofa.

We are taking the kids on our upcoming cruise, so I just used the Carnival website and looked at the deck plans and the legend to see what kind of beds were in each stateroom...I don't have to worry about weight with a 6 and 7 year old, but I did decide to go for the pullout and upper rather than two uppers...didn't even know those existed until I researched...so there are a few options...pullout might be good like pp said.

Unless you are looking into purchasing a suite.....inside/oceanview/balcony staterooms are all going to be approx. 185 sq. ft. on this class of ship. If I am not mistaken, the weight limit is 250 lbs. on the upper berths (not to say it has not been exceeded by some passengers though !).

If you are in a balcony and maybe a OV, you can choose a convertible sofa.

The balcony three of us booked for April 2011 shows two beds and a wall bunk thingy. Are you saying we can request a sofa instead? That would be way better!

We are taking the kids on our upcoming cruise, so I just used the Carnival website and looked at the deck plans and the legend to see what kind of beds were in each stateroom...I don't have to worry about weight with a 6 and 7 year old, but I did decide to go for the pullout and upper rather than two uppers...didn't even know those existed until I researched...so there are a few options...pullout might be good like pp said.

I think you need to research some more.... pull out, people mean the bunk beds... I think you are using it for the convertible sofa possibly?? The convertible sofa they take the pillows off the back of the sofa and make it up as a bed, threw the pillows on the floor for us.

The sofa in no way pulls out. The only thing that pulls out are the two upper bunks.

The balcony three of us booked for April 2011 shows two beds and a wall bunk thingy. Are you saying we can request a sofa instead? That would be way better!

I think there are some cabins that have the convertible sofas, some have regular sofas.

The Ecstasy also has both trundle beds (almost on the floor) and rollaways. I saw one of the trundles and it rolls under the beds, its that low. I expect a rollaway.

After this thread, I called up and moved us to a cabin with upper bunks (guess who will get the upper bunk? moi!!)

Not to hijack the thread, but also hate to start a new one... Fire:

Are the bunks as comfy as the beds?

Are they close enough to the ceiling that you'll hit your head if you sit up?

If there is enough floor room, can you drag the mattress off and sleep on the floor?

If there is enough floor room, can you drag the mattress off and sleep on the floor?

I dont think I can sit up or the person below me and dont think the bunks are as comfortable as the twins. I like a very soft mattress.

But this will be the first ever cruise by my sister's fiancee and I was thinking it would allow us more privacy for me to be up on a bunk than have a 3rd bed on the floor. And with my sister wobbly with a cane, if she had to go to the bathroom at night, give her more space.

Iv never been up on a bunk bed, nor have I ever cruising with 3 in the cabin ... cant say Im crazy about the idea, but if it is what it takes for me to cruise more, Im willing to try it.

The top bunks are very comfy. I am 5'7" and can sit up on the top bunk. My cabin mates below me cannot usually sit up if my bunk is out, so we ask them to be put away during the day. If you drag the mattress off and sleep in the floor, you will be directly between the other two beds. The top bunk is not bad at all, I have only slept on one four times. :D

Last year dh and I sailed alone and this year our 13 yr old son is going. Son is 6' and I am worried he isgoing to be in that pull down bed. What is the weight limit on those things, does anyone know? Trying to decide how comfortable all 3 of us will be in one room and the best room to get. Does the aft balcony rooms come with a couch or no?

Thanks for any advice.

I think the only rooms with a single convertible couch on the Ecstasy are suites on the Verandah deck, or you could get a grand suite on the Upper Deck with a double convertible couch. :D

The Conquest has many rooms with a single convertible couch. Good luck!

Archived