Did I Tipped Well ?

Yes We Can

All this talk about tipping crew members. We are a family of 2. At the end of my cruise I left a $100.00 tip on top of the bed. Was that enough?:confused: The service was great!

did you do the auto tips also, or the pre-paid tips?

If not you shorted the rest of the crew if you did not tip them also, if you did the other tipping also, you over tipped (in my opinion) if you gave the cabin steward $100 on top of the money you already paid on the s/s card system.

did you do the auto tips also, or the pre-paid tips?

If not you shorted the rest of the crew if you did not tip them also, if you did the other tipping also, you over tipped (in my opinion) if you gave the cabin steward $100 on top of the money you already paid on the s/s card system.

Yes I did do the auto tip but I am not sure if i over tipped:confused:

If you felt that was what they deserved then it was perfect. I'm sure that the steward was very happy.

Our thought is that the staff works long hard hours and are often treated badly by other passengers. If they give good service in a friendly manner we reward that both on a cruise and everyday.

No such thing.

If you felt the service warranted an extra $100.00, then you did the right thing for you and your family. No one else's opinion matters. :)

Then why ask:confused:

All this talk about tipping crew members. We are a family of 2. At the end of my cruise I left a $100.00 tip on top of the bed. Was that enough?:confused: The service was great!

That was way overboard for a glorified maid. What service above their job did they do that was great that would warrant a gigantic tip like that?:eek:

All those tipping stories you read here are mostly stories.Why do you think the autotip is at $10 per day $3.50 of that per day going to the room steward?Because that is what the industry has set.

Like was stated, IF you feel they deserved it, than you did right. I agree, with the stuff they have to put up with and you feel they did you great, you did right. I am sure since people think they are glorified maids they aren't treated too well when they take such good care of us and our rooms to make our cruise something to remember.

yes, you did overtip. We don't nor do we plan to in the future and we are quite comfortable with that.

WOW! I feel cheap. Let's just say I didn't tip that much extra...yes, we tipped extra but that not high. If you feel comfortable with that tip that is all that matters. I really have a tough time when someone refers to someone else as a "glorified __________". I have been refered to as a glorified taxi driver (I am an Emergency Medical Technician). Cabin Steward and EMT's 2 jobs that can't be done by just anyone. Cabin Stewards bust their butts for our cabins to be clean so that we can enjoy them. Feel comfortable with your decision and know that you definitely made someone's day if not month. ;)

:eek: Thanks for making the rest of us look bad. LOL

We've left $50 for a steward for a 7-day on top of our regular tips, but usually our over the standard is $20. Of course, now that I think about it, we've given $10 at the beginning of the week when they've kept our cooler full of ice.

That was way overboard for a glorified maid. What service above their job did they do that was great that would warrant a gigantic tip like that?:eek:

All those tipping stories you read here are mostly stories.Why do you think the autotip is at $10 per day $3.50 of that per day going to the room steward?Because that is what the industry has set.

You know, the OP tipped what he did because he received good service. Your comment was a little harsh, in my opinion which I realize is only my opinion. but then , so is yours!:D

Only if you feel good. Who cares what all the posters here think.

Archived