Did I Tipped Well ?

Yes We Can

You know I have never cruised before but plan to in March with either a 5 or 7 day cruise. I've got to stop reading these tipping threads because it just erks me.

I work in the lodging business in a small motel. we get some tips but the norm is none!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the motel is rated one of the best here and have tons of notes saying how nice and clean and friendly the place is.

I wonder how many of you big tippers leave a tip to the maid while visiting in the USA. How much did you leave the maid in your motel the night before your trip. I'd guess to say you left a dollar or two.

This is just my opinion so please don't flame me.

We always leave a tip in the room...even at our timeshare where we pay a hefty annual maint. fee....

We left $10 for 2 rooms at the Howe Caverns Motel for one night recently. I never overtip...because I think it is embarrassing to all involved......just tip what is right

All this talk about tipping crew members. We are a family of 2. At the end of my cruise I left a $100.00 tip on top of the bed. Was that enough?:confused: The service was great!

I think is a prime example of a customer overtipping. The more I cruise the more I see some people doing something like this.

Obviously you are comfortable with it so keep doing it. I just happen to think it way too much.

All this talk about tipping crew members. We are a family of 2. At the end of my cruise I left a $100.00 tip on top of the bed. Was that enough?:confused: The service was great!

To answer your question, yes, that was enough. It was actually a very generous tip, well above average. I'm sure the room steward who gave you great service was very pleased! :D

I enjoy being a generous tipper too. It feels great, plus I've been on the receiving end of the tip so I know how it feels when someone shows their appreciation for excellent service by leaving a generous tip.

...... I'm sure the steward appreciated the acknowledgement. ......

I would disagree - I'm sure he/she could care less about the "acknowledgement" (whatever that is). I'm sure it was all about the money.

That was way overboard for a glorified maid. What service above their job did they do that was great that would warrant a gigantic tip like that?:eek:

All those tipping stories you read here are mostly stories.Why do you think the autotip is at $10 per day $3.50 of that per day going to the room steward?Because that is what the industry has set.

Wow! That is all I am going to say about your post.

OP, that was a NICE tip and I am sure that your room steward was thrilled and you probably made his week. I am sure the crew on the ship deal with difficult and cheap people all week and it is great when you are apprciated for the hard work (even if he is just a "glorified maid") you do.

May karma come back to you.

That was way overboard for a glorified maid. What service above their job did they do that was great that would warrant a gigantic tip like that?:eek:

All those tipping stories you read here are mostly stories.Why do you think the autotip is at $10 per day $3.50 of that per day going to the room steward?Because that is what the industry has set.

Just plain rude.

I am the one who used the term Glorified maid and you are right, I should not have used that term. I should have stated "a plain old Housekeeper".

So how many years of college do you need to;

1.Clean a toilet

2.Make a bed

3.replace towels

4.Vacumn

5.Fill an ice bucket

6.Wipe down the place with a cleaner

The above is almost their whole job is it not?

Now a little talent is needed for;

1.Towel animals

2.trying to get as much extra cash out of you as possible

S0 what do they bust their butt on?

Even ruder GEEZ:rolleyes:

Archived