Question about Categories

rdler

Hi. I apologize. I can't search worth a darn on this site, and I know this question must have been asked.

I don't understand Carnival's various categories and the benefits of say an "8E" over an "8B" and the reason for any price differential. I have the same question about all the other categories. All within a particularl category seem the same to me.

I should know the answer to this, but I'm sorry, I don't and I'm going to try to book tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Most of the cabins within a category are the same, with a few exceptions which can be easily identified by looking on a deck plan.

Some balconys are better because of their location and usually higher = more expensive. There are some extended balconies, usually on the aft, but spirit class has some on the sides, that are deeper and you can lay out instead of just sit in a upright chair.

Usually the difference will be different decks and possibly the location on the ship...midship vs aft or forward. I just booked an 8C because I wanted Empress Deck, whereas 8A was the upper deck but same type of stateroom. Usually the higher the deck, the more you have to pay even though you'll find the same kind of stateroom on another lower deck for less. Hope that helps. And if I have anything wrong, I'm sure someone here will correct me!:D

just like realestate..LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION..

i don t usually take it that higer the price is the better location..

we ve got our preferances and in most cases the cabin is nt

in the most desired location on any particular deck..

just like realestate..LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION..

i don t usually take it that higer the price is the better location..

we ve got our preferances and in most cases the cabin is nt

in the most desired location on any particular deck..

Yes, I agree...I don't consider a higher deck or higher price a better location usually...we are normally on a lower deck, usually Main, but this time we wanted a balcony, and I wanted it on a deck between two decks with other staterooms, so we went for Empress...we'll see if it's worth the extra $$$...usually I go for midship, lower deck since there's usually less movement.

Thank you all! It amazes me that a person can ask a question and have answers from knowledgeable folks in an instant.

This is good to know. All I care about is a particular category of cabin-- in my case a balcony. I don't mind and am able to walk and climb stairs and don't care if I'm way in the front or way in the back. So I'll go for the cheaper.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Archived