Celebrity dock? and ? about Nice/Eze

Travel luv

I'm curious to know if anyone knows if Celebrity docks in Nice or Villefranche? I'm trying to figure out if it is feasible to dock and visit Nice and Eze on our own versus doing a tour.

I've been trying to understand some of the threads on this board, however I'm still a little confused.

Is there a long walk from the port to the buses? Is it feasible to do both and if so is catching the buses easy to navigate? I'm assuming that if the boat docks in Villefrance, it would be easier to go to Nice first and then Eze? Are would it be advisable to visit Eze if we want to have lunch in Eze.

Sorry for the many questions, just trying to figure this out.

Thanks

I'm curious to know if anyone knows if Celebrity docks in Nice or Villefranche? I'm trying to figure out if it is feasible to dock and visit Nice and Eze on our own versus doing a tour.

If the port that the ship is going to is Villefranche, then it will be a tender port.

Is there a long walk from the port to the buses? Is it feasible to do both and if so is catching the buses easy to navigate?

It's an uphill walk, which takes about 10 minutes. Here's a map that shows the port (Sante) and the bus stops. The stops to go to Nice or the other direction, towards Monaco, are the ones by the "T" in the bottom left corner of the map.

Re feasibility of doing both Nice and Eze ... how much time do you have in port?

I'm assuming that if the boat docks in Villefrance, it would be easier to go to Nice first and then Eze?

It's easy to go to Eze Village first if you like, but you need to transfer from bus #100 (from Villefranche) to bus #83 at Eze bord du Mer. Knowing the schedule for #83 is important because it doesn't run very often. Schedule Scroll down to L83 and look at the times for Eze bord du Mer and Eze Village.

Are would it be advisable to visit Eze if we want to have lunch in Eze.

I think you meant would it be advisable to go to Eze first if you want to have lunch there? What time does your ship arrive in Villefranche?

If you can get a copy of this book, I think you would find it helpful for a DIY day from Villefranche ... good info on the towns, as well as transit info.

• 4 weeks later...
If the port that the ship is going to is Villefranche, then it will be a tender port.

It's an uphill walk, which takes about 10 minutes. Here's a map that shows the port (Sante) and the bus stops. The stops to go to Nice or the other direction, towards Monaco, are the ones by the "T" in the bottom left corner of the map.

Re feasibility of doing both Nice and Eze ... how much time do you have in port?

It's easy to go to Eze Village first if you like, but you need to transfer from bus #100 (from Villefranche) to bus #83 at Eze bord du Mer. Knowing the schedule for #83 is important because it doesn't run very often. Schedule Scroll down to L83 and look at the times for Eze bord du Mer and Eze Village.

I think you meant would it be advisable to go to Eze first if you want to have lunch there? What time does your ship arrive in Villefranche?

If you can get a copy of this book, I think you would find it helpful for a DIY day from Villefranche ... good info on the towns, as well as transit info.

Thanks Susan,

For some reason I am just seeing your post. It sounds like you are suggesting we go directly to Eze village first if we want to have lunch and then go to Nice. Do you know of any good beaches in Nice? Are they difficult to get to?

Thanks

Beaches in Nice are not generally nice. Mostly stony (pebbles) not smooth sand like the Caribbean. But that doesn't stop them from drawing the crowds. basiclly it is all beach along the Promenade des Anglais

Thanks Susan,

It sounds like you are suggesting we go directly to Eze village first if we want to have lunch and then go to Nice.

You could go to Eze first or later, depending on what time you want to have lunch at and how long you plan to spend in Nice.

With a 10 a.m. arrival in VF and heading to Eze first...if you are off the ship in good time and think you can catch #100 by 10:45, then you'll make the connection to #83 at 11:04. If you can't make that one, then you can spend some time exploring in VF and catch the #100 in time to connect to the 12:08 #83 to Eze.

Or, if you don't make the 10:45 #100 bus to Eze bord du Mer, and don't want to linger in VF, you can head to Nice first and Eze later.

Archived