Fort Lauderdale Transfers

If you are flying into FLL and sailing from Port Everglades, I would just take a taxi. It is a super short ride (I think it took less than ten minutes when I sailed on Oasis last December) and it is quite reasonable cost-wise. I don't recall the exact price but I believe it was under twenty dollars...

From FLL to the port ask for the flat rate from the guy that hails the taxis..was just there in March and for two of us it was $18 and that included the tip..From the port to FLL should be about the same..however the taxi line was so long..we had done luggage valet so just had our small carryon..and walked toward the port entrance and just flagged down a Taxi ( he did a uturn and we were on our way in less than 10 min.) it was $20 but we avoided what could have been a hour wait in line..You should be glad you didn't do the RCI transfers..not worth it...Enjoy !!!

BTW:Remember to ask for flat rates..not by the meter..traffic can really backup on the off ramp to the port...which is only about a quick 10-15 min ride....

Call SAS in Ft Lauderdale. $13 per passenger, and they're great.

Cabs are cheaper (assuming at least two people are travelling together) for a ride from/to Ft. Lauderale port to airport (FLL). If you are talking Miami to Ft. Lauderdale, then SAS is a good idea.

I booked a last minute cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Was told that RCIs transfers to/from pier were not available due to the lateness of my booking.

That's actually good because RCI would overcharge you, assuming you are flying into FLL.

According to the rate chart found here: http://www.fortlauderdaleinternationalairport.com/airport-shuttle-taxi-rates.htm the cost of a cab is $9.00 from FLL to Port Everglades.

I'm not sure how old that chart is, but that's an approximate cost anyway, not a flat rate. The lowest metered rate we ever got was $11.30 from pier to AP. A few weeks ago our metered fare for 4 plus luggage was $12.50.

Can the taxis carry 4 people and luggage?

Yes, absolutely.

I'm not sure how old that chart is, but that's an approximate cost anyway, not a flat rate. The lowest metered rate we ever got was $11.30 from pier to AP. A few weeks ago our metered fare for 4 plus luggage was $12.50.

Yeah, I wondered how old the chart was too but as it is currently posted on the FLL website, I thought it would be fairly accurate. I know I paid more than $9.00 as well I just couldn't remember the exact fare...it was probably close to what you paid.

Thank you everyone for responding. You have been most helpful. Is the flat rate for a single person only $9 or do they try and put others in the taxi with you?

Our flat rate has always been based on two people per Taxi.If you are a single you will need to ask before getting in, but I doubt it will be $9.00 to get to the port..and they never put people in your Taxi that aren't traveling with you....

Archived