Have you ever slept on your verandah?

elycelynne

Happy pre Birthday to you and enjoy your balcony..oh you don't sleep walk do you ?? :eek::eek::eek: ...SPLASH !! :D ( and keep an eye out for pirates ;))

I hear that as they climb over the side, they grab the most visable wenches first.:p

Happy pre Birthday to you and enjoy your balcony..oh you don't sleep walk do you ?? :eek::eek::eek: ...SPLASH !! :D ( and keep an eye out for pirates ;))

Thank you.....I'm holding tight to 49 until Dec.30th. No...luckily I don't sleep walk but I will look out for pirates;).

Fortunately I'm on deck 6, so there are a couple of decks separating me from the pool deck and hopefully the deluge wouldn't be an issue.

No it shouldn't be. On the Veendam the first deck under the Lido juts out quite a bit exposing the balcony. Then the stern area between the two decks slopes out to perfectly direct the water onto the balcony underneath. The balcony under us was protected by us. There was no drain along the edge of the balcony like there is on the side decks and the divider on our starboard side went right to the floor. The water pooled in there with nowhere to go until it dried up. Since it is so exposed it also gets a lot of rainwater that can't drain off. If I were to take a stern cabin again on the Veendam, I would not be directly under the Lido deck. I am assuming the situation would be the same on the Rotterdam now.

We were in cabin 089 and for anyone looking at that cabin with friends on one side of them, the solid divider on the starboard side of our balcony would only have opened up a few inches so it would have to be a small child or a small adult who could pass between the balconies. To port, the divider was a standard one with a normal opening at the bottom and a standard size "door" to the next balcony. Then the balcony to our port side also had a solid divider on their opposite side. I am guessing it has something to do with weight bearing for the new cabins but it certainly does nothing for water drainage and ease of passage between balconies.

My Dad and I were on the Serenade to Alaska. We had a balcony cabin next to a very amorous couple from somewhere in South America. We know this because while they were "enjoying" their balcony, an occasional deluge of Portuguese was overheard.

We tried not to eavesdrop. But, goodness gracious, they didn't make any effort at discretion. I think, in retrospect, I'd rather have had a cigar smoker next door!!

Happy Sails.

It worked for me on deck 8 of the Zuiderdam, but not on deck 4 stern of the Eurodam. The stern was dirty and they do splash some kind of water from above.

The whole point is to be close to the ocean, right?

Just remember to stay on the ship side of the rail.:D Of course maybe you could tie a bungy cord to your ankle just in case.

Hey Globug,

Our daughter did the same thing. It was the first time we had booked a suite on HAL and expected some sort of doorway or curtain or something to separate our bed from the living room/sofa area. The idea of her (college age) sleeping practically at the foot of our bed wasn't what DH or I or she had envisioned. So each of the 7 nights she took the blankets and bedding stuff out and slept on the verandah. The first morning we all quickly reassembled everything back on the sofa before breakfast, fearing she was breaking some rule. The second morning we dragged everything back in but didn't reassemble sofa. Great room steward did. She slept out there every night and loved it.

I still don't understand why NCL and RCCL all have curtains if not separators between bed area and sofa and only HAL doesn't. Instead HAL has weird and pretty useless curtain between cabin door and bed. :cool:Not the end of the world but sort of odd lack of privacy.

margretha

...would be no.

However, if you chose to 'sleep' on your verandah you will find many adult activities occcuring during the night in neighboring suites in some cases.

BTW, the moonlight ocean scenery is wonderful but I find a full nights rest inside preferable.

Live & enjoy!

Bon Voyage & God Health!

Bob:)

I'm not talking about a short nap, but actually through the night. Not out of necessity, of course, since HAL's beds are very comfortable. But I was thinking that it might be nice to sleep on a stern verandah with just the sound of the wake to (hopefully) lull me to sleep (of course this is subject to either being provided with or being able to obtain a lounger since I don't think the chair and the footstool would cut it). And of course I would close my balcony door and depend on a battery-operated travel clock to wake me up.

So has anyone ever done this?

Oh, that sounds fun!!

Archived