HAL Suite Life compared to NCL

downsized

I'm not comfortable with the direction that this is taking.

Yes. We have always been absolutely delighted with NCL.

Yes. The suite life most certainly makes a difference, and I cannot imagine taking a cruise without the suite perks.

This conversation should probably be moved to the NCL board though. I am starting to sound like an NCL cheerleader, and that was never my intent.

The fact is: anyone with sufficient experience with both lines to knowledgeably compare them is almost certain to be a cheerleader for one or the other. They are sufficiently different in their offerings, small touches, overall atmosphere and demographics (the passenger breakdown: age, entertainment preferences, etc.) that any individual would have to go to great lengths to not show preference.

I enjoyed my cruise in an outside guaranteed cabin on the Maasdam more than my previous cruise in the PH on the much newer NCL Gem. I did like the suite and Cagneys breakfast.

I know now it's really all about the crew for me.

We paid for behind the scenes tour on the GEM ($55 p/p). Interesting but I would not recommend it unless someone really really likes to see an industrial Kitchen, garbage room, recycling operation, and laundry. Bridge visit was a Q & A with someone from the bridge in a public area with a bridge viewing window. Some ships have a similar tour free, but I doubt it is as extensive. There was a behind the scenes for the theater on the Maasdam (free) and a free galley visit ( We did not attend either)

I say try everything once, decide what you like and go back for more.

I'm not comfortable with the direction that this is taking.

Yes. We have always been absolutely delighted with NCL.

Yes. The suite life most certainly makes a difference, and I cannot imagine taking a cruise without the suite perks.

This conversation should probably be moved to the NCL board though. I am starting to sound like an NCL cheerleader, and that was never my intent.

There was no direction intended at all. Just was asking. We have been filling you on HAL and that is the topic no? No worries. thanks just the same.:)

I enjoyed my cruise in an outside guaranteed cabin on the Maasdam more than my previous cruise in the PH on the much newer NCL Gem. I did like the suite and Cagneys breakfast.

I know now it's really all about the crew for me.

There was a behind the scenes for the theater on the Maasdam (free) and a free galley visit ( We did not attend either)

uote]

Interesting. We were just in the PH on Azamara and will be in an OV on Maasdam next month. We have always known that the staff makes the differance!

HAL does a free galley tour for all on every ship (as far as we know), and it is better than any others we have been on. They show case the ice carving, food carving, napkin folding and so on, and usually give out paperwork showing how much food they order per week etc.

We did a theater tour on Veendam and were told that it is one of the only class ships where a behind the scenes tour is possible do to space, so not surprised they do this on the sister ship, Maasdam.

We did a great theater tour on Celebrity Century in April and were also invited to their Bridge Tour. We went on a Bridge Tour, Engine Room Tour, and Galley Tour on Azamara Quest in February. We would never pay for these tours.

I would love to see the Bridge on a HAL ship but have never been invited.

Archived