Black Rock Grill on Silver Cloud????

ScottToronto

Good evening,

I've been reading lots about the Black Rock Grill which started on the Silver Spirit. Does this now exist on the Silver Cloud?

For those of you who have experienced it. What are your thoughts?

Look forward to hearing your opinion.

Thanks and kind regards,

ScottToronto

Good evening,

I've been reading lots about the Black Rock Grill which started on the Silver Spirit. Does this now exist on the Silver Cloud?

For those of you who have experienced it. What are your thoughts?

Look forward to hearing your opinion.

Thanks and kind regards,

ScottToronto

Hi ScottToronto

We dined at the Black Rock Grill 3 or 4 times on our recent Spirit crossing. Loved it! It is supposed to debut on all Silversea ships but I don't know the timing. We are on the Shadow this fall and I sure hope it will be there!

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
Good evening, I've been reading lots about the Black Rock Grill which started on the Silver Spirit. Does this now exist on the Silver Cloud? For those of you who have experienced it. What are your thoughts? Look forward to hearing your opinion. Thanks and kind regards, ScottToronto

We didn't see this on our just completed cruise. You can read details and see lots of pictures on the Silver Cloud below. The sense I got from talking some very experienced SS cruisers, plus staff, is that major ship changes are not planned in the immediate future. There might be a "re-do" planned for late 2011 on the Silver Cloud. According the Captain, this ship gets the highest ratings among passengers compared to the other SS ships and many like this ship "JUST THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW". Changing what's working well can be a risky . . . and costly . . . business/financial challenge/gamble. This was our first time sailing with Silversea after doing our other two cruises with Crystal in 2008 and Seabourn in 2006.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details on our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

...as soon as it gets warmer!

Packing sweaters now =) Does Cloud have any sort of outdoor dining (weather permitting?) Our recent voyage on Shadow (L.A. - Vancouver via Alaska) had "Dining Under the Stars" but not the hot rock. Speaking of "weather permitting" -- they tried a few nights; one night 20 hearty souls bundled up in everything they had to wear, inlcuding blankets, and dined outdoors; just as the entrees were ready to be served, heavy rain began! Marc, the Host, called for help and Marcelo and several waiters ran to the rescue, lifted the tables and carried them uner cover. Then, dinner was served =) Quite an adventure --- wish I had had my camera =)

Packing sweaters now =) Does Cloud have any sort of outdoor dining (weather permitting?) Our recent voyage on Shadow (L.A. - Vancouver via Alaska) had "Dining Under the Stars" but not the hot rock. Speaking of "weather permitting" -- they tried a few nights; one night 20 hearty souls bundled up in everything they had to wear, inlcuding blankets, and dined outdoors; just as the entrees were ready to be served, heavy rain began! Marc, the Host, called for help and Marcelo and several waiters ran to the rescue, lifted the tables and carried them uner cover. Then, dinner was served =) Quite an adventure --- wish I had had my camera =)

We just got back and loved the many outdoor dining options on the Silver Cloud, even along the Norway Coast. We were lucky with great weather.

What were our dining preferences? It is so much of a “personal” choice and much depends on your exact interest, style and timing wishes. Some want lots of variety, while others seek more of the same, over and over. We certainly did not go hungry. We loved the food on this cruise, both in quality and for the many options and settings available. For breakfast, our main plan was mostly the Terrace, hopefully outside. There was a nice buffet of items, plus custom egg preparation/orders.

For lunch, we mostly did The Terrace, again aiming for outdoors on the back deck, if possible. Their lunch buffets here were varied and nice. There was a pasta station that would custom prepare an item, plus a hot dessert area, plus special breads, salads, fruits, desserts, etc. You could make the timing fit your schedule and the staff was great for responsiveness and help.

We also did the pool grill a couple of times for lunch, which worked out well and added to the variety on this 15-day cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For more details on our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

For departing Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, we had lunch on the terrace. This is the visual to our right of others enjoying this spectacular dining with the view overlooking the Gefion Springvandet Fountain and St. Albans Anglican Church.:

CPHDepartLunchViews.jpg

Archived