help with ft lauderdale water taxi and las olas

cruzobsessed

we want to take the ft. lauderdale water taxi.....walk around las olas and eat at either ARUBA or KELLY'S LANDING.

1st question.....where do we get the water taxi? we do not plan on getting off...we want to stay on and see the intercoastal and the mansions.

2. is parking readily available?

3. if we want a real taste of LAS OLAS.....where should we go? we want to walk a bit. i heard that somewhere there are gondola rides.

4. how crowded does ARUBA or KELLY'S get on a monday or tuesday night?

thanks everyone

This link should help with water taxi information.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111808212097114498924.0000011303ce7c1b7f0a1&z=13&om=1

We got on at stop 7 the one time we drove. There is a parking lot right there, but it was one with meters so make sure to put enough in for the entire day.

You can ride the water taxi all day without getting off if you want. We made the entire loop the first time, and then went back around and got off at Shooters to have something to eat. Love the water taxi.

claudia

To get to the water taxi from Las Olas Blvd...Walk South toward the Intracoastal from the corner of Las Olas Blvd. and SE 9th Ave. near Mangos. Stop is two blocks from the shops and restaurants of Las Olas. It is stop #9 on this map:

http://www.watertaxi.com/FLLMap.Asp.htm

Kelly's is not near Las Olas Blvd. It is at SE 17th St & Cordova Rd, about 6 blocks west of stop #7 on the water taxi route.

I'm not sure where you are staying, but Aruba is about 8 miles north of the port, on the ocean.

There is lots of parking by Las Olas, on the street, in parking lots behind the buildings, and in parking garages. A few times a year there is a street festival; the streets are blocked off and you have to park on the outskirts.

I've seen the gondolas, but I'm not sure the hours. Maybe you can google it. They are on a canal near the 1100 block.

You will get a real taste of Las Olas by walking around and discovering galleries and menus. The main strip is less than a mile, and you will get a feel for where it starts and stops. The restaurants that have been there the longest are Le Bonne Crepe and Cafe de Paris (I've been here for 23 yrs and I think everywhere else opened since I've been here). Johnny V's has really fine food, including interesting cheese courses. You can get tapas at their bar.

To get to the water taxi from Las Olas Blvd...Walk South toward the Intracoastal from the corner of Las Olas Blvd. and SE 9th Ave. near Mangos. Stop is two blocks from the shops and restaurants of Las Olas. It is stop #9 on this map:

http://www.watertaxi.com/FLLMap.Asp.htm

Kelly's is not near Las Olas Blvd. It is at SE 17th St & Cordova Rd, about 6 blocks west of stop #7 on the water taxi route.

I'm not sure where you are staying, but Aruba is about 8 miles north of the port, on the ocean.

There is lots of parking by Las Olas, on the street, in parking lots behind the buildings, and in parking garages. A few times a year there is a street festival; the streets are blocked off and you have to park on the outskirts.

I've seen the gondolas, but I'm not sure the hours. Maybe you can google it. They are on a canal near the 1100 block.

You will get a real taste of Las Olas by walking around and discovering galleries and menus. The main strip is less than a mile, and you will get a feel for where it starts and stops. The restaurants that have been there the longest are Le Bonne Crepe and Cafe de Paris (I've been here for 23 yrs and I think everywhere else opened since I've been here). Johnny V's has really fine food, including interesting cheese courses. You can get tapas at their bar.

Hi:) great information. Thanks. I have eaten at Bonne Crepe and

LOVE IT:D. I am staying at The Riverside in Sept for one night and

was wondering about Johnny V's? In all the years of sailing out of

FLL and strolling along Las Olas I can't recall that restaurant. Is it

near Bonne Crepe? Tapas sound great:D

:)

Hi:) great information. Thanks. I have eaten at Bonne Crepe and

LOVE IT:D. I am staying at The Riverside in Sept for one night and

was wondering about Johnny V's? In all the years of sailing out of

FLL and strolling along Las Olas I can't recall that restaurant. Is it

near Bonne Crepe? Tapas sound great:D

Johnny V is across the street from the Riverside Hotel and east a little bit. It has been there for 7 yrs, and the chef is great. They have indoor and outdoor dining. The patio has 3 walls, so on winter nights it doesn't get too cold/windy. http://www.johnnyvlasolas.com/

I think we are eating at Bonne Crepe tonight:)

This website is currently selling discounted dining certificates for Indigo, Mangos, and Le Bonne Crepe, all on Las Olas. Most cost $12.50 for a $30 certificate and a few have restrictions such as a minimum purchase or only certain nights of the week.http://www.premierdiningflorida.com/default.php

:)

Johnny V is across the street from the Riverside Hotel and east a little bit. It has been there for 7 yrs, and the chef is great. They have indoor and outdoor dining. The patio has 3 walls, so on winter nights it doesn't get too cold/windy. http://www.johnnyvlasolas.com/

I think we are eating at Bonne Crepe tonight:)

Come back and tell me how dinner was:D....the menu at JohnnyV's

looks really good too;).....pricey though:eek:

Come back and tell me how dinner was:D....the menu at JohnnyV's

looks really good too;).....pricey though:eek:

Johnny V is pricey but very good, so if it is affordable go for it. It is actually directly across the street from the Riverside Hotel (I thought it was a few feet east, but we walked by and it is almost right across from the hotel doors)!

I should also add that if anyone wants a real taste of Las Olas and hasn't been to a Kilwin's, stop in for ice cream with made-on-premises waffle cones, chocolates, or fudge (you can watch them make it). This is by far the most popular place on the street, year round.

Le Bonne Crepe dinner was nice. We arrived at 8:30 and there were tables available both inside and outside. They do not take reservations for small parties. We sat outside at a table for 4 so we had more room (we were just 2). DH had the salad nicoise, which had a nice chunk of seared tuna and homemade creamy salad dressing, and I had a delicious gruyere/spinach/mushroom/bechamel crepe. We shared a dessert crepe of almonds, creme, and chocolate sauce. People walking by kept stopping to look at our food because it looked so yummy. Service was nothing special, but food arrived quite timely, cloth napkins were provided, and flatware was automatically changed between courses. Dinner, complimentary bread service, and 2 glasses of wine was $72 including tax and 18% tip. We used a $30 premierediningflorida.com certificate, which cost $13.50, so the final bill was $42 plus the cost of the certificate.

Johnny V is pricey but very good, so if it is affordable go for it. It is actually directly across the street from the Riverside Hotel (I thought it was a few feet east, but we walked by and it is almost right across from the hotel doors)!

Le Bonne Crepe dinner was nice. We arrived at 8:30 and there were tables available both inside and outside. They do not take reservations for small parties. We sat outside at a table for 4 so we had more room (we were just 2). DH had the salad nicoise, which had a nice chunk of seared tuna and homemade creamy salad dressing, and I had a delicious gruyere/spinach/mushroom/bechamel crepe. We shared a dessert crepe of almonds, creme, and chocolate sauce. People walking by kept stopping to look at our food because it looked so yummy. Service was nothing special, but food arrived quite timely, cloth napkins were provided, and flatware was automatically changed between courses. Dinner, complimentary bread service, and 2 glasses of wine was $72 including tax and 18% tip. We used a $30 premierediningflorida.com certificate, which cost $13.50, so the final bill was $42 plus the cost of the certificate.

Thanks for the play by play:D:) and I LOVE that type of crepe...both

entree and dessert. And for anyone reading this thread? They are NOT

these little itty bitty crepes...they are BIG and deilicous:)

And 42 bucks for the 2 of you?? WITH wine? That is a GREAT DEAL!!!:D

Thanks for the play by play:D:) and I LOVE that type of crepe...both

entree and dessert. And for anyone reading this thread? They are NOT

these little itty bitty crepes...they are BIG and deilicous:)

And 42 bucks for the 2 of you?? WITH wine? That is a GREAT DEAL!!!:D

They are HUGE!!!

Archived