traded cc for fv --good move?

sun bum

I just traded our cc cabin 6144 for fv cabin 7202. Thought the larger balcony and location outweighted the cc perks. Would like to hear from someone who has stayed in an aft corner cabin. Pros and cons?

We were in 7202 on the Millennium in March. It was fabulous... and I am sure you will enjoy it tremendously... that balcony is just the best there is. Our stateroom attendant was Lawrence; let us know if he is there now and if he is, please tell him the Simons said hello.

Here is a link to some pictures of the room as well as some others from past years.

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/FV-Family-View-Aft-Cabins/11677184_XdX2v#823869888_YQBhG

Have a great trip!

We've stayed in this cabin a couple of times and it is awesome, with the extra space and the panoramic corner view.

We have also stayed in a cc aft cabin, which is nice, but there is no comparison.

Stayed in 9156 on Connie last fall. Also a corner FOV. It is absolutely the best. We spend a lot of time on the balcony and that just made it for us! Several dinners out there and breakfast, and evening cocktails. We love the wake view! The room is very spacious, especially if you are more than 2. We were only 2. But the privacy wall would be nice with others. The closet space is great. We also liked the private hallway. Great place to store empty luggage, and it also give a little more privacy.

We are actually booked in 7202 for millie this fall. I have never stayed in a CC, but I wouldn't give up the balcony that the FOV has for the tunnel like ones of the CC afts. We specifically booked this cruise because we could get the corner FOV. I am completely spoiled now. I don't even want to cruise now unless I can get this type of cabin. So watch out............it could happen to you. And as you may already know........these are so hard to get.

We were only 2..
Hmm....I was told I could not get that cabin for 4 pax...it must be 5. I am curious as to when you booked this...does Celebrity give these cabins away for two closer to sailing date?

Hmm....I was told I could not get that cabin for 4 pax...it must be 5. I am curious as to when you booked this...does Celebrity give these cabins away for two closer to sailing date?

I'm curious also. Would love to get some of these cabins. Any tips?

Thanks for photo link Sue- awesome!

I'm curious also. Would love to get some of these cabins. Any tips?

Thanks for photo link Sue- awesome!

Often about 5-6 weeks or so before sailing (the exact time frame varies) these staterooms open up to parties of 2-4 if no parties of 5 have claimed them. It seems to be about the same time the unbooked handicapped staterooms are also released to anybody. The FV rooms tend to be nearly as big as the smaller suites (Sky Suites) and their balconies are even larger, yet they are typically priced closer to Concierge class than suites. IMHO it is a great upgrade. On Century they are not quite as nice as on M-Class, but on M-Class they are great.

FV cabins open up to less people closer to the time of sailing. Friends of mine (party of 3) booked a FV on a cruise to Alaska in June and they are leaving end of July.
I would imagine this is being really lucky for a Summer sailing....I can only hope I have the same luck next year!

Librarylady, the time you are sailing you may have a great shot grabbing these cabins, keep checking!:)

I would imagine this is being really lucky for a Summer sailing....I can only hope I have the same luck next year!

Librarylady, the time you are sailing you may have a great shot grabbing these cabins, keep checking!:)

thanks; will keep my eyes open!

Last year we were able to get the corner FOV for 2 just about the final payment time, 75 days prior to sailing. This year, we were able to book it from end of June for a sailing end of October. I don't think there is a way to figure it all out. Probably just supply and demand. If they don't seem to be selling alot on a particular sailing, then they may open them up. As far as any tricks?.............If there is a time of year you want to sail. Just start checking all the time for those cabins. We picked this sailing based on the corner FOV availabiltiy. We probably would have prefered a less port intensive itin. but...........the cabin makes up for it. except the cabin is especially great on sea days, and it would have been nice to have more of those.

I have twice sailed with DH in a corner FOV, and once with 2 sisters. The balcony is absolute heaven! Some parts of it are open to the sky - and to onlookers from above, but much of it is covered and suitable for rainy days. It is also great for room service meals, and inviting friends in for an impromptu party.

The two rooms are helpful with only 2 people - one can sleep and one can read or watch tv in the next room.

For 3 people it was a little crowded - when the larger sofa bed was opened, it was hard for the folks in the bedroom to get through to the balcony. This is bad especially if the bedroom folks are larks and the sofa person is an owl.

Would give almost anything to get a corner FOV again!:)

One thing not mentioned in the change of cabins was price. Did the fv come at a premium over the CC1. And how close to elite are you. 6144 is one of the nicest CC cabins, has a nice "neighborhood" and with the extra credit might make it a better deal if the price were lower than the fv. How you use the cabin also comes into play. Wanting to party with friends on your veranda would certainly make the corner fv the best cabin that was not a suite.

Friends of ours did the same thing They loved the FV. There were Concierge Class cabins all around them. Their room steward got the Concierge breakfast menu for them. I'm sure he got a nice tip at the time for that.

You will love the balcony!

Biker-1972---there is a difference in price for the move from cabin 6144 to the corner fv---it's $40 less for the fv.we will use that to buy a couple martinis to enjoy on our balcony. Timing was everything , our ta said they had just posted that cabin as available .although it's just the two of us she said celebrity told her that if it's posted on the website that any size party can reserve it(not just 5 persons).one less credit is not going to effect our captains club level.

sun bum,

good move. You will love the extra cabin and balcony space. We have been in a couple of corner FVs including 7202 on Millennium.......

We have booked four FVs to date for our family of 4 (an FV on each M-class ship). Not sure how our TA does it, but each time we were able to make the reservations 14-19 months in advance of sailing.

I would pick the corner FV in a heartbeat! Have stayed in several and always try to get them if we can. We also had a stateroom attendant who treated us similarly to the nearby CC cabins - we got the upgraded toiletries, and a couple other perks whose details escape me. The extra space and lovely balcony are SOOOOO worth it.

Archived