Navigator of the Seas Questions

Good morning all. I have recently booked a Mediterranean cruise for October on NOS, and would like to get some insight to the ship. The website doesn't help a whole lot, so I thought I would ask here:

1. What is your overall impression of the ship?

2. Are there dining options beyond main dining and buffet?

3. Balcony cabins, are they spacious?

4. Is smoking allowed on the balcony?

5. Cabin #7622, good, bad, so-so?

I've never cruised on RCI, but have done the Med before. Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

I will answer what I can (see red answers)

Good morning all. I have recently booked a Mediterranean cruise for October on NOS, and would like to get some insight to the ship. The website doesn't help a whole lot, so I thought I would ask here:

1. What is your overall impression of the ship? Lovely ship. Although 3000+ pax never seemed over crowded

2. Are there dining options beyond main dining and buffet? Extra charge options Portofino, Chops and Johnny Rockets

3. Balcony cabins, are they spacious? d/k

4. Is smoking allowed on the balcony? Yes, on the balcony but not in the cabin.

5. Cabin #7622, good, bad, so-so? d/k

I've never cruised on RCI, but have done the Med before. Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Two answers:

Balcony cabins: since your experience is mainly with Carnival, you will find standard cabins a bit smaller. However, they are well arranged and you should be fine.

The ship in general: Navigator is no longer one of RCs newest ships, now about 8 years old I believe. However, she is a beautiful ship, and well-maintained. We sailed her just 3 months ago, and we found the crew to be outstanding. I don't mind complaining, and I really could find nothing to complain about - a great job in every area. The food in all venues was also very good. Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much! That website is very cool. I appreciate all your input. the way it stands right now, I'm doing this solo, but there's a possibility I'll get some company. I really prefer to have my information ahead of time, you know???

Have a great day!

NAVIGATOR is a beautiful ship. If you are used to carnival balconies you will find them about the same size. Sailed on her back in febuary and rebooked her the last day for december. Never felt crowded.. even on tender ports

EXTRA DINing as mentioned earlier chops, portifinos and Johnny rockets..

portifinos was great (a fantastic filet)

enjoy your trip ,

Archived