Serenade of the Seas after Voyager Class

We are planning a friends and family cruise in May on Serenade of the Seas to do Southern Caribbean. Most have been on Voayger class, Enchantment, Carnivals Glory. My husband and I are also going on the Allure pre-inaugural. Do you think anyone will be disappointed with it being a bit smaller and no stops at private island?

Can't comment on the ports of call but my 1st 2 cruises were on the Nav & we did the Jewel in Nov 09 and I just loved the ship it seemed more lighter and compact.

I love the big ones but the jewel is in my heart.

I did the AOS in 2005 and than a much small ship (not a RCCL) in 2007. While, some things were definitely missing, the cruise was so port intensive, we really didn't feel like we missed out on anything at all. The Serenade has much more than the ship we sailed (Tahitian Princess) and, in the Southern Caribbean, is also very port intensive. I don't think you'll miss being on such a massive ship. I think those ships are better when there are more sea days. I am sailing the Serenade in a few weeks and looking forward to it!!!

The ship isn't THAT much smaller! Aside from not having the Royal Promenade, you will still feel you're on a pretty damn big ship!

I love the private beach days...and do miss them when they aren't part of the itinerary. Would I NOT cruise because of that?...No, but I do miss them!

You will love the Serenade. There are advantages and disadvantages to the big ships compared to the "smaller" ones. If I recall, there is a little cafe on the back of the ship, I think 12th deck, that we found towards the end of our cruise a couple of years ago. Check it out - it's nice quiet relaxing place that a lot of people don't discover.

The little cafe that Big R is refering to is the Seaview Cafe and everyone loves it and few find it.

You will LOVE Serenade, the entire Radiance Class is so beautiful. The ships look out to the ocean--glass everywhere! The elevators face the sea with fabulous views. You will be pleasantly surprised.

We were on the Serenade in 2007 and then when on the Adventure last year. While on the Adventure, we found ourselves missing some of things that are on on the Serenade that the Adventure didn't have:

-seaview cafe

-thermal suite

-two specialty restaurants

-Solarium with the retractable roof

-outdoor sitting area of the Windjammer

-lots and lots of glass so you could always see the ocean

-self-levelling pool tables

I have no experience with private islands as I've never visited one. However, the private islands seem like nothing more than a lazy beach day...on a Southern Caribbean cruise you will have LOTS of beaches to choose from to have that same lazy beach day.

Archived