When will I know what cabin I was assigned?

Brittasbay

Hello all!

Love this forum, it has been so helpful as I have been prepping for my first cruise!

Got a question that I am hoping someone can help with. We are sailing on Carnival Fascination this week (WOOT!) and when we booked I picked the option for Carnival to assign my cabin. This was before I was here on the CC and realized I should have picked what I wanted.

When will we know what cabin we got? How does this all work? Our luggage tags say TBA so I am worried they will take forever to get to the room.

Thanks in advance for responses, I feel like such a newbie!

The first time we had an OV guarantee we had an assignment a few weeks before sailing, and we ended up with an OV (which is what we booked)...the second time we booked an inside guarantee but didn't know our room number until we got to the port, and we found out we had been upgraded to an OV...so don't know if that was the reason we had to wait until the last minute. When you get to the port, ask the porter to look you up on the manifest, and you can get your stateroom that way with the proper luggage tags. You might want to take some pre-printed stickers with your info on it so you don't have to stand there and print everything on your luggage tags at the pier.

Also, personally I wouldn't worry about booking a guarantee...some people like to pick their specific stateroom, but some are fine with the guarantee. We've done two guarantees and the rest picked the room, but it usually is based on price...

Have fun!!!

The first time we had an OV guarantee we had an assignment a few weeks before sailing, and we ended up with an OV (which is what we booked)...the second time we booked an inside guarantee but didn't know our room number until we got to the port, and we found out we had been upgraded to an OV...so don't know if that was the reason we had to wait until the last minute. When you get to the port, ask the porter to look you up on the manifest, and you can get your stateroom that way with the proper luggage tags. You might want to take some pre-printed stickers with your info on it so you don't have to stand there and print everything on your luggage tags at the pier.

Also, personally I wouldn't worry about booking a guarantee...some people like to pick their specific stateroom, but some are fine with the guarantee. We've done two guarantees and the rest picked the room, but it usually is based on price...

Have fun!!!

Forgot to add...our guarantee rooms were both midship on the Main Deck, and good rooms.

Have fun!!!

So is there no need to laminate the tags I have now and attach them to my bags since I will have to redo the tags?

THANK YOU to everyone who has answered so far, it make me much less anxious knowing this will all be OK :o

So is there no need to laminate the tags I have now and attach them to my bags since I will have to redo the tags?

THANK YOU to everyone who has answered so far, it make me much less anxious knowing this will all be OK :o

Personally I would want the tags that have my deck on them (the ones you get from the porter will say "Main Aft" or wherever your stateroom is), but it probably doesn't matter as long as you put your stateroom number on there somewhere (which might be kind of hard if they are laminated)...but just to prepare you could go ahead and laminate the tags you have, maybe possibly put your laminated tags and the tags from the porter on that will have the deck name and location.

I've sailed Carnival before but I can't remember what the pre-cruise online check-in process is called. Anyway, that may have your cabin number posted in it. Or possibly just call Carnival and inquire.

We've booked guarantee before, once, and had our cabin number just a few weeks later.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello all!

Love this forum, it has been so helpful as I have been prepping for my first cruise!

Got a question that I am hoping someone can help with. We are sailing on Carnival Fascination this week (WOOT!) and when we booked I picked the option for Carnival to assign my cabin. This was before I was here on the CC and realized I should have picked what I wanted.

When will we know what cabin we got? How does this all work? Our luggage tags say TBA so I am worried they will take forever to get to the room.

Thanks in advance for responses, I feel like such a newbie!

I've always rec'd my Guarnteed room assignments at least 3 days before sail date, in which case you can get the luggage tag information before you get to the pier. The porters will have tags for whichever quadrant/ zone your cabin is in. Either way rooms are never ready before 1:00pm and I havent seen bags until 5-9pm. Just make sure that Meds are in your carry on.

There are very few cases where Guarntee rooms are a mistake. I will not travel on deck 2 (Sensation) ever again.

I understand that may be possible to get a cabin change at the pier or onboard (expect to pay if there is not a true problem w/the cabin)

Archived