Non alcohol carry on

GrammyJill

Every time I do a search it comes back with an error so here goes a question that has been asked many times I'm sure.

We are traveling as a group of 6 in our family. We want to bring water & cokes on board. On our last royal cruise we only took a 12 pack of water & cokes & put a luggage tag on them & sent them with the porters.

This time I need to bring more since there will be so many of us. We have one of those luggage carriers made of metal that folds out & has wheels. I was thinking of getting another one & putting a case of water on the bottom of each & a case of cokes on top with a bungee around it to hold it in place.

I can't remember if Carnival lets you carry it on or if you can check it. Tips anyone?

I guess we could bring on more then. If it's a 12 pack a piece but I don't want to carry that much around before we can get in our room. We have 2 rooms with 3 people each in it. My husband & daughter & I in one room. My son his gf & their daughter in the other. I just wanted it to be as easy as possible.

So I'm still unsure. Check it with the luggage or carry it on board, sounds like I should bring 12 packs instead of cases, I just thought the case would be easier to manipulate through the lines & on the luggage carrier.

Thanks, y'all! And I will over look the "pop" reference. Notice I said "Coke" even though it will be Diet (whatever is on sale) & Mt. Dew or D.P. for the son! lol :p

Thanks, y'all! And I will over look the "pop" reference. Notice I said "Coke" even though it will be Diet (whatever is on sale) & Mt. Dew or D.P. for the son! lol :p

Don't worry Jill, when I moved to SC they call everything a Coke. If I want an orange soda in some place you ask for Coke orange flavor.

I've been wondering the same thing. Do you think it matters which port? We're sailing out of Mobile for the first time and I'm not sure whether to put our "cokes" (notice where I'm from?) and water in carry on or pack it (which is how we did it on NCL).

Also, I know small coolers are allowed but can you have them packed with ice when you get there? We will be driving in the day of the cruise and will have the cooler with us in the car for use during the trip. I'm assuming everything goes thru the x-ray?

You can carry on 12 pops or water per person. I'd just have each person take a 12 pack of pop or water in their carry on luggage. You may or maynot get it on if you bring the cases.

A funny story about "pop". We were in Seattle and stopped by a grocery store to pick up some Cokes (I'm from Alabama ;) ) and when we checked out the clerk said, somewhat quickly, "You want your pops in bags?" What we HEARD was, "You want to pop the bag?" I said, "No, I don't want to pop the bag!!" and looked at him like he'd lost his mind. He returned the equally crazy look and said, as though talking to someone who had just learned English, "Do-you-want-your-pops-in-bags?" I'd never heard Cokes called "pops" in my life!!! Sigh.

As for the drinks, OP if you go to the Carnival website, under FAQs you'll find your answers as to how much and how to get them on board. Seems like I recall that it is now 1-12 pack per person and must be in the carry on, but you can verify that on the website.

As stated above the rule is CARRY ON LUGGAGE, 12 each person. In case you dont believe me and the above posters ...here is the cut and paste from Carnival FAQs.

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

You can carry on 12 pops or water per person. I'd just have each person take a 12 pack of pop or water in their carry on luggage. You may or maynot get it on if you bring the cases.

The rule is for ALL ports as I see several people are still asking.

Im sure if you had some soda in a piece of checked luggage you could do it, but people were being lazy and expecting to slap a luggage tag on soda, so Carnival had to be more specific to stop this.

We use one of these each time we board. Put a 12 pack of diet coke, 12 pack of Caffeine Free Diet Doctor Pepper, a 6 pack of water, my carry-on, DH-s carry on, and we wheel it on! Now I will tell you I have to unpack everything to go through the scanner (cokes and all), then repack it to go check in. Little bit of a hassle, but sooooo much easier when lugging them around! Best $25 I ever spent 30 years ago to buy that thing!

As stated above the rule is CARRY ON LUGGAGE, 12 each person. In case you dont believe me and the above posters ...here is the cut and paste from Carnival FAQs.

We bought a really sturdy bookbag 3 cruises ago. A 24 pk of water fits in it very nicely. It goes with our luggage. We put 2 large 6-pk of Dr. Pepper and Sprite in our luggage. No problem with it arriving in our cabin.

As fire pointed out, the rule is that you are allowed 12 per person in your carry on. No one is stopping you from doing what deborahjo did and trying another way. Just don't come back here and b*tch if it gets taken away. You will be eaten alive, and rightfully so.

I'd never heard Cokes called "pops" in my life!!!

Until I visited Michigan many years ago, I'd never heard pop called "soda." Though I hear there are regions of the country that call basically anything carbonated "coke," I've never actually heard orange pop or lemon lime or anything that isn't Coca Cola being called "coke." Everything's relative. :)

We'll be taking a couple of 12-packs of POP ;) on our cruise in August--I'm planning to put them in a carry-on with wheels.

You can only bring soda, pop, tonic or whatever, in your carry on. If you want to take a chance and have it confiscated, then put it with the luggage brought on by the porters. Some time it works, some times it doesn't. It's that simple.

Some are a little snippy today. But as always I thank you for your replies, all of them.

So I'll go with the 3 luggage racks with a case of water on bottom & our Cokes on top. Shouldn't be to tough to manipulate through the embarkation process.

Another name for cokes here in Nashville is "cold drink" more aptly pronounced "coal drink"

Thanks Thanks Thanks all y'all! :)

but people were being lazy and expecting to slap a luggage tag on soda, so Carnival had to be more specific to stop this.

That was the recommended way of doing it a few years ago on RCCI. Nothing lazy at all about trying to do it the way the company wants it to be done.

Also, I know small coolers are allowed but can you have them packed with ice when you get there? We will be driving in the day of the cruise and will have the cooler with us in the car for use during the trip. I'm assuming everything goes thru the x-ray?

The cooler can only be 12x12x12 outside dimensions, so not much room for anything! ken

Archived