Pack & Go Rates?? I thought...

ava_girl_123

Apparently the ships are all sailing pretty full, as there haven't been any good Pack-N-Go deals at all this summer. (At least in my opinion!) Yes, they do come out of Wednesday, but rather than being good rates for cruises "next week" they're mediocre rates for next MONTH. Well,,,that ain't Pack-n-Go to me. :mad:

Maybe as time goes on, they'll get better.

"SKY"

:confused::confused::confused: Uuuggghh.. Always one in a crowd..

Apparently the ships are all sailing pretty full, as there haven't been any good Pack-N-Go deals at all this summer. (At least in my opinion!) Yes, they do come out of Wednesday, but rather than being good rates for cruises "next week" they're mediocre rates for next MONTH. Well,,,that ain't Pack-n-Go to me. :mad:

Maybe as time goes on, they'll get better.

"SKY"

Yes, our sailing has P&G Rates that came out last Tuesday I believe, and are still available. I asked a question last week with regards to how long P&G rates are available and someone stated that they come out on Tuesdays and are only available till Friday..

Looking for some OBC and with the P&G rates being a ton more cheaper then what we paid, I am thinking until those disapear our chances are slim..

Yes, our sailing has P&G Rates that came out last Tuesday I believe, and are still available. I asked a question last week with regards to how long P&G rates are available and someone stated that they come out on Tuesdays and are only available till Friday..

Looking for some OBC and with the P&G rates being a ton more cheaper then what we paid, I am thinking until those disapear our chances are slim..

Does ES not match to P&G...:confused:

Does ES not match to P&G...:confused:

Nope, pack n go rates are always only guarantees, so no you cant match to them.

They also usually dont come out with pack n go rates when monday is a holiday. They might have something else on sale, but last week was a holiday week. At least they had them this week. (now if they would only have some better deals that help me). ..but Ava says there is one that is less than she paid, so they must look good to someone.

Ava I see there was a $999 BL rate on the pack n go, I take it you are paying more?

:confused::confused::confused: Yes, our sailing has P&G Rates that came out last Tuesday I believe, and are still available. .

They say the rates are good from July 7th to July 9th ... I dont see any pack n go rates still available....where do you see that they are still good. Even if they show tuesday night you cant book until wednesday.

I cant figure out what you are worried about as far as last week's pack no go.

They say the rates are good from July 7th to July 9th ... I dont see any pack n go rates still available....where do you see that they are still good. Even if they show tuesday night you cant book until wednesday.

I cant figure out what you are worried about as far as last week's pack no go.

They are still available for our cruise.. I am looking at them right now..

They are still available for our cruise.. I am looking at them right now..

Just because they are showing doesnt mean they are still available. On this link you can see the dates..says thru July 9th. If you have a link saying you can still get them ... I think you are just assuming they are still good. Did you see my posts above saying ends July 9th?

https://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Promotions/PKGO_consumer.pdf

Is your balcony more than the BL for $999?? I only see the one balcony rate showing, no other cabins on your ship.

Just because they are showing doesnt mean they are still available. On this link you can see the dates..says thru July 9th. If you have a link saying you can still get them ... I think you are just assuming they are still good. Did you see my posts above saying ends July 9th?

https://www.bookccl.com/salestools/FunFaxes/Promotions/PKGO_consumer.pdf

Is your balcony more than the BL for $999?? I only see the one balcony rate showing, no other cabins on your ship.

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary2.aspx?embkCode=BWI&durDays=7&sailingID=57397&itinCode=ECD&sailDate=8/15/2010&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CE

Click on the link and chose Balcony Fun Select is $1249 Fun Saver $1149 and Pack and Go is $999

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary2.aspx?embkCode=BWI&durDays=7&sailingID=57397&itinCode=ECD&sailDate=8/15/2010&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CE

Click on the link and chose Balcony Fun Select is $1249 Fun Saver $1149 and Pack and Go is $999

So, what category are you and how much are you trying to match??

I think they are going to do whatever they can to make sure you cant price match last minute, guarantees. If not pack n go, they will throw up a senior rate for a guarantee or whatever.

I think you are putting too much worry over hoping to get a price drop. I always hope so ... but almost never get one. My Sept price still exactly matches what I paid for the guarantee rate above mine.

and then when I am in a guarantee and thinking boy it looks like they will upgrade me, yippee, they start the upsell calls to fill those higher category cabins another way cheaper/discounted so you cant price match.

So, what category are you and how much are you trying to match??

I think they are going to do whatever they can to make sure you cant price match last minute, guarantees. If not pack n go, they will throw up a senior rate for a guarantee or whatever.

I think you are putting too much worry over hoping to get a price drop. I always hope so ... but almost never get one. My Sept price still exactly matches what I paid for the guarantee rate above mine.

and then when I am in a guarantee and thinking boy it looks like they will upgrade me, yippee, they start the upsell calls to fill those higher category cabins another way cheaper/discounted so you cant price match.

Fire I thought you couldn't price match with ES to pack n' go rates?

Nope, pack n go rates are always only guarantees, so no you cant match to them.

They also usually dont come out with pack n go rates when monday is a holiday. They might have something else on sale, but last week was a holiday week. At least they had them this week. (now if they would only have some better deals that help me). ..but Ava says there is one that is less than she paid, so they must look good to someone.

Ava I see there was a $999 BL rate on the pack n go, I take it you are paying more?

Fire I thought you couldn't price match with ES to pack n' go rates?

I think thats what I said??? In my case, Im in a 1A and IS matches what I paid, so Im hoping we can get them to so called upgrade me to a IS if the price drops. Since you cant get a 1A with a IS, ...we did get them to do it once, so we have precendent and Steve got it once on a BL when he was in a 7A ... so there have been some exceptions if you are in the bottom category that supposedly you cant get less than.

IS should be higher than a 1A if you cant get a 1A with a IS guarantee .. but Carnival has been saying no ... but we are pushing on a couple of these. They really dont want you to price match to any guarantee. ... and yes to get it, I would give up my 1A...if it was say $40 or more.

Lets just say there are some gray areas, that Carnival also doesnt want you to price match or upgrade to.

Here is a gray area. I had a port hole 1A and pack n go rates for IS were $30 pp less and senior rates were $50 less for a IS than my 1A.

I said heck yea Ill move to the IS, but Carnival said no, IS is lower than a 1A, even though you cant get a 1A with the IS... we finally got moved to the pack n go and I got the $60, but not the $100 OBC with the senior rate (which I also qualified for, but decided to shut up when they gave me the $60).

...and Steveeeeee has also managed to get them to price match his 7A to a BL I believe and changed to the BL. You would have to give up your cabin.

We are 8k

The BL isnt going to hurt your 8K price ...but the upsells might when they start if there are still unbooked balconies. upsells killed me on my last cruise when I thought for sure Id get something better. (I booked the IS originally) and all the insides were sold out and I was like yippee... but got a 4B

The BL isnt going to hurt your 8K price ...but the upsells might when they start if there are still unbooked balconies. upsells killed me on my last cruise when I thought for sure Id get something better. (I booked the IS originally) and all the insides were sold out and I was like yippee... but got a 4B

I see.. Thanks Fire ;)

Archived