Beaches

MAMATAMA

there is a man-made beach called snorkel park you can walk to it from the ship it has bathroom facilities a bar for food or drink also rent beach chairs ,snorkel gear etc. have a great cruise marie

WOW THATS A BIG CHANGE FROM ST GEORGE... HOW CROWDED DOSE THE SNORKEL PARK GET? does ANY OE KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHER CRUISE SHIPS DOCKED THERE ALSO...

I see that you will be at King's Wharf from the 15th to the 17th of August. The Explorer of the Seas will arrive at King's Wharf on the 16th and also stay until the 17th. Meanwhile, the Veendam will arrive in Hamilton, the morning of the 17th.

Hope this helps.

- Miriam

Is there a beach with in walking distance other than snorkel park in the dock yard area?

I wouldn't recommend Snorkel Park - it's kind of dumpy and crowded.

I was in Bermuda last year and loved Elbow beach. It's on the South Shore. It's a pink sand beach. THe beaches of the King's Wharf side don't have the pink sand.

Also, you could hop on the high speed ferry and head over to St. George's. IT's a pretty little town. Skip Tobacco bay if oyu go there, walk past it and you will see Fort St. Catherine. It's a beautiful fort that's worth seeing and there is a beach right there taht is really nice. If you do head to St. George, head over the the Crystal Caves. They are interesting and beautiful - filled with stalagmites and stalactites. Have fun!

Archived