Kidless Cruises

NO!

If you want kidless, then you have to cruise while school is in session which will eliminate most of them.

Longer cruises, 10 days or more, tend to have fewer kids.

The old saying "Children should be seen but not heard" is, unfortunately, long gone.

Nope - thank goodness! I think my DD would mutiny if she got banned from RCI! :eek: :)

Term-time cruising probably has far fewer children; failing that, there are several adult-only options on P&O. :)

As noted, the time of year and length of cruises will be great variable in searching for a cruise with FEWER children. When we cruise in January – there are relatively few children on board, similarly for the longer ( than 7 night) sailings.

RCCL is mass market/family cruise line that will cater to families so if you want a cruise with few (or no) children, you may be happier with a different cruise line.

M

Does RCI have any no-children-allowed cruises?:o

RCCL is not the cruise line for you if you're looking for no children. The line caters to children and families. Our children are the main reason we choose RCCL! And yes we cruise in September/October!

There are many others that cater to adult crowds. I asked the question on the Celebrity board about how many kids there would be in September. I was told very few and that's the way they (the message board) liked it! You probably want to check them out.

We go in October to avoid kids, as well. There's some but less than at other times.

Good to know. We're early Oct out of Canaveral and hoping for fewer kids.

Oceania makes a statement that kids are not encouraged because there are no activities for them. Interestingly enough, they sail every ship full.;)

We go in October to avoid kids, as well. There's some but less than at other times.

Ditto this. I also believe it depends on your itinerary and the participation rate in children's programs. I would also venture to say that many of the "luxury" cruise lines don't have many children or have more strict rules about them.

We cruised a 9-day Western Med. in October and there were hardly any children on the boat, presumably because they were in school. Last year, we cruised (on Carnival) in mid-August to the Caribbean. We knew there would be tons of kids, but once we were on the boat, we hardly even noticed them. We later found out that over 1/3 of the passengers were children - I thank our awesome balcony that we spent a lot of time on and the Camp Carnival programs for making it nice for kids and adults.

I've heard that by November 1st RRCL is going to roll out a "Kids free for a fee" program where on select sailings you can sail "little one free" for an extra $500. This will include an extra non-refundable deposit and a per bag fee as well.

The Adventure Ocean youth areas will be set aside as a drunk holding tank in the evening.

Basic guidelines for avoiding a ship full of kids (all sailings have at least one):

1) Sail during school time (September-beginning of December or Middle of January through May) while avoiding holidays when children have off.

2) Sail on longer cruises where families are less able to travel for the extended period.

3) Sail on the older/smaller ships (IE: not the Voyager, Freedom, or Oasis classes) that offer less amenities for the children yet still offer the great adult amenities.

4) Check out Celebrity. It's a part of RCCL and thus shares a similar ideology but is considered to be more classy and geared towards adults with very few children sailing any time of the year.

My extended family took at 12-day Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity over Thanksgiving a few years ago. Only 17 kids on board the whole ship - including teenagers - and our party contributed 4 of them! The food and service (and weather and ship and everything) were fantastic!! If I could sail without kids, I would do it again on the Mercury in a heartbeat! Or the Solstice ... Mmmmm ...

If you want to cruise with minimal kids, it's pretty hard when you're talking about the Caribbean, unless you go on a more upscale line, like HAL or a luxury line line Crystal.

Even when you cruise when school's in session, there are often parts of the country that have time off from school. Many people may not have heard of "Jersey Week" which occurs the first week of Nov. There are a LOT of families from NJ that cruise to the Caribbean that week. Then there's President's Day Week in mid-Feb. LOTS of northeasterners on cruises and massive amounts of teachers, lol. Then you start getting into spring break which is all over the calendar.

I'd definitely think that the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then all of January would be quite safe, however.

Good to know. We're early Oct out of Canaveral and hoping for fewer kids.

Oceania makes a statement that kids are not encouraged because there are no activities for them. Interestingly enough, they sail every ship full.;)

We were on Oceania in August and blissfully, there was no screeching, crying, pushing in elevators, running in halls, disrupting shows or any other complaints that one would frequently encounter on ships with children. Same experience with Seaborn. Pehaps, cruise lines that don't cater to children only attract those people whose children are well behaved; where lines that advertise kid oriented programs attract parents who think that they can just dump the kids ... and their responsibility to supervise.:(

Archived