Upgrade, ES Questions??

ava_girl_123

We originally paid $1319 pp for our 8K on the Pride 8/15 sailing.. After several drops we have only paid $1269 pp between OBC and less money owed on our balance before final payment.. Now the 8K rate is back up to $1349..

My question is the 8M's are only $1359 pp.. If I wanted to upgrade into an 8M will we have to pay the difference between what our last drop in the 8K was ($1269) or the difference in what the 8K's are now ($1349 pp) to upgrade?

And they are also giving the $160 OBC with these new rates today again..

8M's are AFT rooms on the Pride correct?

Thanks in advance

We originally paid $1319 pp for our 8K on the Pride 8/15 sailing.. After several drops we have only paid $1269 pp between OBC and less money owed on our balance before final payment.. Now the 8K rate is back up to $1349..

My question is the 8M's are only $1359 pp.. If I wanted to upgrade into an 8M will we have to pay the difference between what our last drop in the 8K was ($1269) or the difference in what the 8K's are now ($1349 pp) to upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Everything is now based on what your lowest total was. If you subtract any OBC etc from your original total that is the number you need to look at now. You would have to pay the difference between the $1,349 and what you paid $1,269 to be able to upgrade. The additional $160 in OBC sounds great though if they allow you to combine that promotion with ES.

Everything is now based on what your lowest total was. If you subtract any OBC etc from your original total that is the number you need to look at now. You would have to pay the difference between the $1,349 and what you paid $1,269 to be able to upgrade. The additional $160 in OBC sounds great though if they allow you to combine that promotion with ES.

I just called them and this makes no sense:

The 8N's are $1369 mind you, I made a mistake..

The agent said because were are ES we can not even pay the difference between our 8K rate of $1269, pay the extra $100 pp to upgrade to the 8N $1369 pp and get the $160 OBC applied to my account.. Essentially only paying $40 total for our upgrade..

Makes no sense.. On the phone with another rep and she is saying yes, we should be able to get the OBC if we pay todays higher rates...

WHY does this always happen when you call? Now, I will call a third rep to see what they say..

Thanks in advance

Your current Early Saver Rate is $1269pp - for an 8K.

The 8M $160 OBC is per cabin, $80pp for 2 PAX.

The 8M's are 1359pp (you indicate), less $80pp OBC = $1279.

IMO you should be able to upgrade (net) for $10pp (altho I guess you'll have to pay the $80 per person and get it returned as OBC) -- hopefully Fire will confirm or correct me.

ken

OK- On the phone right now and they are doing it.. I am paying the $200 difference from my $1269 pp to upgrade to an 8N Aft cabin at $1369 pp AND they are applying the $160 OBC too.. So I only paid a total of $40 to upgrade to the AFT 8N...

I am happy..:D

OK- On the phone right now and they are doing it.. I am paying the $200 difference from my $1269 pp to upgrade to an 8N Aft cabin at $1369 pp AND they are applying the $160 OBC too.. So I only paid a total of $40 to upgrade to the AFT 8N...

I am happy..:D

YES!!!!!!! ken

Yes, it didn't make any sense when they were telling me no. They kept saying because I am ES I could not do it. I was like I am not trying to get the OBC for FREE.. I am giving you the $200 and Carnival is handing me back $160 in OBC.. Funny how you can call one rep and be told one thing and then call another and be told something else..

Now I just hope we like the AFT cabin.. The balcony is larger then our 8K extended looked..Heard motion sickness can be bad at the back of the ship.. :eek: Either way, I am very excited!

Now dont forget your new cost basis is $40 more, after subtracting out the OBC.

Yes, I said that earlier.. I only paid $40 total for the upgrade.. I am happy with that.. A few days ago if I were to upgrade to the 8N it would have been $130 out of my pocket w/o anything back.. :D

Now I paid $200 more and have gotten back $160 in OBC..

Yes, I said that earlier.. I only paid $40 total for the upgrade.. I am happy with that.. A few days ago if I were to upgrade to the 8N it would have been $130 out of my pocket w/o anything back.. :D

Now I paid $200 more and have gotten back $160 in OBC..

Well, since you have asked several times now if your cost basis is the original cost or what you are paying now ... wanted to make sure you added in the $40, since you keep asking what it is.

Archived