Barcelona Weather

misslissa

I guess you really need to know weather in the Med not just in Barcelona.

I was in Barcelona last October and it was just beautiful out!! Certainly not HOT but lovely, no need for coats or anything like that.

I have also been to Italy in October and it was rainy and cool so needed a light jacket. The temps will not be tropical like in the Caribbean but most Med cruises are quite port intensive so you may be out and about more than on the ship!

We are taking a Med cruise in October having taken several holidays in the Med in the month of October I am hoping the weather will be in the low 70's as it has been on most occasions previously. We have taken probably ten holidays early October in Italy and in Spain and usually the temperature has been around the same although it obviously does vary it has never been cold, what we have experienced however is rain sometimes heavy storms only one of which lasted a whole day though.

I would take a light jacket. I will take one when I go in May. We were warm in Barcelona last year, however, and swam on the cruise ship just before and after Barcelona. This year I'm hoping to make it to the beach! We were quite warm while in the city touring and walking around, however, so I expect to be able to swim at the hotel next May.

• 1 month later...
What do people typically wear in mid Oct in the Mediterranean? Summer clothes? I don't want to look out of place. Thanks!

Depends what temps you are used to. The local folk tend to be dressed for Autumn in sweaters and jackets because compared with summer temps, it is relatively cool - we have 27C, 80F at the moment (I'm 2 hours from Barcelona) this is a 10 degree C drop since last week, when it was 98.6F so it is starting to feel "cool". However, as there will still be lots of tourists from all over the world, there will be a lot of vacation clothes seen on the streets. There is usually a big change in temps from the morning to the afternoon, so what may be comfy in the morning may just be too hot come after lunch. Hope this helps! Without stating the obvious, dress in what feel right for you on the day!

How is Barcelona weather in October? We have booked a cruise and I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to use the pool deck as much as I usually do in the Caribbean. :confused:

We were there in early October & the weather was PERFECT. In the 70's every day. We wore shorts everyday.

I suppose everyone has a different frame of reference for what "fall" means. I was in Barcelona in mid October and wore slacks and a light jacket during the day. To ME that is not summer clothing.

BTW I wouldn't wear shorts anywhere in a city in Europe at any time of the year! It is just not normal attire there.

Since we live in So Calif and in the desert, 80-90 is considered warm for us, our summer temps reach 100 +, so 70 would be cold to us. I guess it all depends on where your from and temperatures you are used to.Those that visit are area from Canada during our winter months wear shorts while the rest of us are wearing jeans and maybe a light jacket.:)

I always travel to med in Oct I sometimes wear a nice tailored bermuda shorts and blouse, never felt like I was dressed down, the weather has always been nice mostly 70's sometimes warmer. No mattter what amercians wear we will never look like europeans, but I would never wear cut offs or gym shorts

Archived