Legend itinerary

czexrus

We are cruising the Legend at end of august. We go to Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. There are 15 of us going. we want to snorkel, beach day, etc. what islands would you suggest doing the snorkeling and which one has the best beach?

Thanks.

We are cruising the Legend at end of august. We go to Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. There are 15 of us going. we want to snorkel, beach day, etc. what islands would you suggest doing the snorkeling and which one has the best beach?

Thanks.

Check out the ports of call boards for each of these places and you will find a wealth of information. We will be on the Legend (8 of us in all) in mid-August and here is what we have planned:

Grand Cayman - walk to Eden Rock from the ship and snorkel from shore. DH and oldest son will be diving on a ship tour. If you haven't done a tour to Stingray City, this would be something you should consider (we've done it twice).

Cozumel - take a cab to Dzul Ha and snorkel from shore. Not quite as good as doing a boat snorkel, but we don't want to be tied to a schedule...and this is cheaper since we all have our own equipment.

Roatan - we are doing a private tour with Victor Bodden and will have our driver take us to a beach where we can snorkel. I think you will find that Roatan has some of the best snorkeling anywhere! DH and son will dive again here. Another option would be to just stay at Mahogany Bay where the Legend will dock. Carnival has a new beach right there for their passengers. No charge to use the beach but I think you must rent chairs. Since this is a sandy beach the snorkeling will not be very good.

Belize - We will do a cave tubing tour just because the logistics of getting to a beach/snorkel spot is more difficult.

We have been to Roatan and Belize once before and Grand Cayman and Cozumel multiple times. Although we are doing shore snorkels in the 3 ports, you can also find tours that will take you out on a boat. Since we are taking our grown kids & spouses we are trying to cut costs a bit and make our time a little more flexible by not having tours booked.

Thanks.

You can find 2 Legend reviews with pictures on my page located here: http://www.pvavalides.com/cruises.htm

IMO the easiest place to snorkel is at Tabayana Beach on Roatan. It is also the best beach. Don't try to snorkel at Mahogany Bay, it is the wrong part of the island.

You should also try to see the rays at Grand Cayman.

Thanks.

I have stayed on Cozumel twice and I totally believe in renting a Jeep and going to Palancar Reef Beach, it is South of the Pier on the right hand side of the road. It has free access, Good Food & Great Drinks, not to mention a beautiful sandy beach with Huts. There is hardly anybody there and the service is excellent. From there if you want you can snorkle from the beach or pay a fee and they will take you out on a boat to a wonderful reef and you can snorkle. They have all the equipment if you need it. If you feel the need to get out, you can also keep driving south and make stops along the way at the little shops and bars on the ' Wild' Side' ' of the Island. Cozumel is a wonderful safe Island to visit, as long as your being responsible. I am cruising in October, and we already plan to visit Palancar Reef Beach!! See ya October Cozumel !!!

Archived