which Naples shore excursion?

boandmeg

It depends what you like.

The Pompeii ruins are quite interesting. They are quite unique.

If you want something that is scenic the Amalfi Coast would be nice.

If you want to visit a nice town and possibly enjoy a nice lunch Sorrento is a nice choice.

Capri is fun if you want to enjoy the ride over to the island and spend time over there.

I would do reading about each one and figure out which one is better for you based on your likes.

They are all great choices.

Keith

You should do the things that appeal to you, and don't worry about the "must see" lists that other people make.

I know that Pompei is unique, and it's fascinating to many people (including me), but that doesn't mean it will be to you.

Personally, I love downtown Naples, yet you'll find lots of people on this and other message boards who can't stand it. On the other hand, Sorrento doesn't do much for me. Yes, the view is terrific, but so is the view all along the Amalfi coast.

The best advice is to plan less than you think you can accomplish, and enjoy it, vs. rushing around to do too many things.

When I am looking at a port, I go to virtualtourist.com and check out their 'attractions' and 'tourist trap' lists. I read the reviews and then make some sort of list. Then, doing a search on crusiecritic, I can check out what others say about each place.

Either way, you should always have some idea of what YOU want to see... not other people telling you.

Its really all about what you and the people in your party enjoy. There is so much to do and see and each person has different opinions. I just returned from our trip yesterday and we had an amazing time. When I was looking it up, I knew that my dad loves history and ruins so I knew that some time at Pompeii would be of interest to him. I personally do enjoy history but I love the beach and ocean more, so I thought going to Capri for a boat tour would be great. As such, we booked one private tour that did both. We were picked up at our boat by a private driver and went on a tour of Pompeii with a guide and then went to Capri for a private boat ride around the island with some swimming through the grottos. We used www.capritime.com. There are a lot of options though, Sorrento and the Almafi Coast are also very interesting to some. My best advice is to think about what type of thing you want to do whether its scenic views, beach, history, and then see what each offers in the area. best of luck!

Archived