Where to meet at airport

Ethel5

We are meeting CC members that we haven't ever met before to share a ride to our hotel. We plan to meet at the Airport. Would it be better to meet in the arrivals hall or the luggage area? We are coming in on different carriers.

Security won't let you hang around in the baggage claim area, so you'll need to pass through customs and meet in the arrivals hall.

As you exit (I'm assuming you'll be in Terminal 3), directly in front of you, to the left of the doors leading outside, is a Chef Express restaurant that is open 24 hours. This is a good place to meet.

If you look on this map of the terminal (http://www.adr.it/portal/content/FileAttach/adr/Attach/Fiumicino/terminal_3_arrivi_nuova_denomi****one.pdf), it's the dark green box in the bottom right corner of the map that's shaped like a mirror image of Utah.

Edited to add

If the above link doesn't work for you, try this one (http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/Fiumicino/Servizi/Mappa_Terminal_FCO), then click on the PDF file entitled Terminal 3 Arrivi

I missed it if you mentioned which airport you are coming into.

However, if you are coming into Rome, the area that Euro Cruiser mentions outside the baggage area at Terminal 3 is the designed area for meeting people. This has signs indicating such, and this is where limos and other arranged transport is located. It is a big open hall area.

Why don't you all just meet where the driver is waiting right outside baggage claim. And take your cell phones and exchange numbers with each other and the driver.

The real question to consider is... What do you do if one party does not show up in a reasonable time?

Say a flight is delayed. How long do you wait. How long will the driver wait?

I missed it if you mentioned which airport you are coming into.

However, if you are coming into Rome, the area that Euro Cruiser mentions outside the baggage area at Terminal 3 is the designed area for meeting people. This has signs indicating such, and this is where limos and other arranged transport is located. It is a big open hall area.

That's what I get for posting after working all night and no sleep!!!:o

We are arriving in Venice.

We are arriving in Venice.

LOL - My brain automatically assumes Rome! :o

But I stick with my thought about food - or even just coffee. Why stand around when you can sit and nosh?

There is only one eating place listed in the arrivals area on the airport web site map, Cafe Marco Polo. Having only one choice makes it easier, at least.

The web site and map are here: http://www.veniceairport.it/save/aerostazione/map.jsp?m=010303

Roll over it and you'll see what's where, the cafe is in the upper right corner.

Archived