Full suites on Ruby

ActiveTraveler

First of all, hopefully you realize by now that $600 more pp won't get you a full suite on any deck. In you original post you talked about the aft suites on Aloha which are PS or OS. Full suites are the only ones that give you the all amenities and more space that you've talked about and those will cost you total between $6000-$8000 more than the regular balcony cabin you'd been looking at.

Is it worth spending the additional money for the full suites? Sorry to have to repeat myself again but only if it fits in your budget. Can't imagine anyone not enjoying a stay in a full suite as they should for that cost but not needed to enjoy a wonderful cruise.

My budget doesn't allow for that kind of expenditure to enjoy a wonderful cruise experience. If we ever do splurge on a full suite it won't be on a short 12 night port intensive cruise with only 2 sea days but would be on a longer than 14 night cruise with lots and lots of sea days.

Oh yeah.....:(:(:(

Bob

I was looking at the same cruise, I believe. We did the reverse itinerary this past May.

12 days Barcelona to Venice on the Ruby starting May 16, 2011. You have to click on Details & Availability to look at the cabin categories and prices. The least expensive FULL suite is $6340 per person. The $3940 you're talking about is for a MINI suite on either Dolphin or Emerald deck.

I did click on Details and Availability. Can you give me a link?

I did click on Details and Availability. Can you give me a link?

The other poster is correct, the least expensive full suite on this sailing is $6340 per person, mini suites can be booked for $3940 per person (but no full suite perks with mini suites). Here is the link to all the suite and mini suite categories with prices: https://book.princess.com/reserve/category.page AA-AB-AC-AD-AE are mini suite categories, VS and above are full suites.

For a long time I thought booking a full suite is just throwing money away because I do not need a bathtub, three beds, champagne, two televisions, etc. But I do want the free laundry and Internet and would love to eat breakfast at Sabatini's and watch a DVD. As I have stated before, 233 square feet is not big enough for a two-week cruise. I also did not like reading about the vibrations and movement people felt when they had aft rooms and all full suites are at the aft end of the ship. Now I wonder if I should splurge on a full suite for the space and perks or settle for a balcony cabin with the bare mininum space and amenities just to be near midship. Both options are on Aloha deck, between decks with only cabins, so I don't expect passenger noise to be a problem. But the movement the ship makes while docking early in the morning could bother me if it wakes me up. I need help to decide whether I should book a suite or not because of the suite locations and balcony cabin size both being major concerns. Because my cruise will be long, I'm not willing to gamble and hope I choose the right cabin type if I don't have to.

There are 12 full suites midship on the Riviera Deck but they are right under the pool area so you might want to search these boards to see if there is a noise factor in that location.

I actually booked a full suite one time on a sun class ship for $60 total for both passengers more than the highest mini suite price. How, I will never know, but that was the price for a full suite in comparison. To this day, I have never run into another deal like that. Of course, we booked the full suite, for $60 we sure couldn't loose on that deal. :D I think it had to be a mistake, as within 24 hours, the full suite price jumped to over $1000 more per person, but we were not made to pay the difference. ;)

I actually booked a full suite one time on a sun class ship for $60 total for both passengers more than the highest mini suite price. How, I will never know, but that was the price for a full suite in comparison. To this day, I have never run into another deal like that. Of course, we booked the full suite, for $60 we sure couldn't loose on that deal. :D I think it had to be a mistake, as within 24 hours, the full suite price jumped to over $1000 more per person, but we were not made to pay the difference. ;)

Did you run right out and buy a lottery ticket.....:):):)

Bob

I am going to guess that ActiveTraveler looked only at the 'choose a stateroom type' rate, and didn't click to go to 'choose a category'. The rate shown for mini suites/suites is always the lowest rate for a mini suite shown there, not the lowest rate for a full suite. ;)

The other poster is correct, the least expensive full suite on this sailing is $6340 per person, mini suites can be booked for $3940 per person (but no full suite perks with mini suites). Here is the link to all the suite and mini suite categories with prices: https://book.princess.com/reserve/category.page AA-AB-AC-AD-AE are mini suite categories, VS and above are full suites.

Windows 7 gave me a message that my session had expired and I was sent to another screen. Nice try, Toto. :mad:

Apparently I will not book a suite for financial reasons. :(

I am going to guess that ActiveTraveler looked only at the 'choose a stateroom type' rate, and didn't click to go to 'choose a category'. The rate shown for mini suites/suites is always the lowest rate for a mini suite shown there, not the lowest rate for a full suite.

I went by the price chart under the itinerary description without clicking anything. When I clicked on Details and Availability, I just saw the exact same thing.

Princess made me choose a cabin type, then click Continue as if I am going to book it to see the cost per category. Nice job tricking me, Princess. :mad:

I went by the price chart under the itinerary description without clicking anything. When I clicked on Details and Availability, I just saw the exact same thing.

Princess made me choose a cabin type, then click Continue as if I am going to book it to see the cost per category. Nice job tricking me, Princess. :mad:

Each category can have a different price, and there are many categories for insides, outsides, balcony, mini suites and full suites, just like with any other cruise line. They are not all the same price. You have to go to the category choice to see the exact price you will pay for any particular stateroom in a category.

Hint though, if you don't want to pay the full Princess rate, find a good discount travel agent, they are still allowed to discount Princess pricing and it could save you some $$$'s. ;) Good Luck!

Nice try, Toto. :mad:

Nice job tricking me, Princess. :mad:

Mad at Toto? Mad at Princess?

Princess didn't trick you. You just didn't go far enough on the booking site.

Every travel site, including the 3 huge travel sites, will require you to go through the exact same steps to see the prices for the cabin category you are researching.

Every travel site, including the 3 huge travel sites, will require you to go through the exact same steps to see the prices for the cabin category you are researching.

I just can't understand why she asks for info and then gets upset when she doesn't like the answer! The cruise she is hoping to go on is three years away. Things can be totally different by then.

I just can't understand why she asks for info and then gets upset when she doesn't like the answer! The cruise she is hoping to go on is three years away. Things can be totally different by then.

Agree.. IMO, someone that has never been on a cruise and is not planning to be on one until 2013 can gain a great insight on cruising by just sitting back and reading the CC. :rolleyes:

I was not mad at Toto. The anger emoticon was for the part of the post you deleted.

I am mad at Princess because they made me go through the booking process to see a list of prices for all categories. That is tricking me because the only way to see the real prices for the full suites was to pretend I was booking the cruise. If I did want to book it, I would do so assuming the full suite price is $3,940 plus tax and be surprised to see it is much higher during the booking process. Does that make sense?

Anyone who thinks I am mad at the answers to my questions is misunderstanding me. I was just very disappointed to learn from veteran cruisers what I want is too expensive. Why does everyone think I am mad at the person for disliking the answer to questions?

I was not mad at Toto. The anger emoticon was for the part of the post you deleted.

I am mad at Princess because they made me go through the booking process to see a list of prices for all categories. That is tricking me because the only way to see the real prices for the full suites was to pretend I was booking the cruise. If I did want to book it, I would do so assuming the full suite price is $3,940 plus tax and be surprised to see it is much higher during the booking process. Does that make sense?

Anyone who thinks I am mad at the answers to my questions is misunderstanding me. I was just very disappointed to learn from veteran cruisers what I want is too expensive. Why does everyone think I am mad at the person for disliking the answer to questions?

Let's just chalk it up to inexperience of using online booking sites to look at cruise prices and of using emoticons on CC ;)

Windows 7 gave me a message that my session had expired and I was sent to another screen. Nice try, Toto. :mad:

Andrea, then you should have put your "Mad" emoticon behind the word screen, not behind "Nice try, Toto". :rolleyes:

Eveyone thinks you're mad because you frequently use the "Mad" emoticon! :rolleyes:

No, what you're saying doesn't make sense. You keep insisting that you've been "tricked" rather than admitting that you made an error when using the site. It's really quite simple.

Most here would have replied with "Oops, my bad" or "Oh, sorry, I misread", etc., etc., not blaming whatever booking site they were using and then claiming they were "tricked".

If you want people here to cease "misunderstanding you", then stop using the "Mad" and the "Thumbs Down" emoticons and attempt a thank you when you receive a reply with info that you have requested.

You are not a victim here.

Oh, and I'm editing to add that you just used another "Mad" emoticon when replying to my post that I overlooked initially. Wow.

I would suggest, if this is the first cruise for the OP, that they find a knowledgeable travel agent to assist them in the booking process. Many of us who have taken numerous cruises are quite capable of doing it all ourselves, but for a first timer, it is best to get assistance from a good travel agent that can explain the pricing tables and different categories of staterooms available.

It costs nothing to use a TA, in fact, you can often save money booking a Princess cruise through a TA, there is no need to book direct (especially when you really don't know what you are doing on the booking site). No offense made by that last statement, it is just being honest. ;)

Best of luck, and I have to say I agree with the others. The princess website is not trying to deceive you, it is a booking engine, and like most booking engines, this is how they work.

I would suggest, if this is the first cruise for the OP, that they find a knowledgeable travel agent to assist them in the booking process.

Best of luck, and I have to say I agree with the others. The princess website is not trying to deceive you, it is a booking engine, and like most booking engines, this is how they work.

Toto, this has been recommended to Andrea over and over and over again. ;)

I am mad at Princess because they made me go through the booking process to see a list of prices for all categories. That is tricking me because the only way to see the real prices for the full suites was to pretend I was booking the cruise. The Princess website IS a booking engine so of coarse one would have to go through part of the booking process to see ALL of the prices available for the different subcategories under the main suite category. No different than other cruieline websites. You must have looked at the deck plans for Aloha deck to see there were suites on that deck that you asked about when you first started this thread. They are listed as OS and PS so in order to know how much those suites cost you have to look far enough into the pricing to see the cost of those OS and PS cabins. If I did want to book it, I would do so assuming the full suite price is $3,940 plus tax and be surprised to see it is much higher during the booking process. Does that make sense? No that doesn't make any sense because the first page only list categories (such as interior, OV, balcony, suite) and you seemed to be aware from another thread you left messages on that there were subcategories within the balcony categories such as BB, BC, BD that were priced higher than others so it only would make sense that would be the same for suites.

Anyone who thinks I am mad at the answers to my questions is misunderstanding me. I was just very disappointed to learn from veteran cruisers what I want is too expensive. Why does everyone think I am mad at the person for disliking the answer to questions? The use of the mad icon is what gives that impression. The written word on messages boards often gives a different impression than what the writer intended but that is why it is important to be careful of ones wording, icons, and bold or cap print because no one wishes to be misunderstood but it can happen very easily.

Its great to collect general knowledge about cruising in general for a cruise one is interested in doing 3 years from now but one also has to understand that is a long time in the future and there is no doubt that many things will change between now and then. Few people that have never cruised should book their first cruise without the assistance of a good knowledgeable TA IMHO. You not only hope to go on your first cruise but you also planning to do international travel for the first time to Europe. You are obviously not a go with the flow type of person and don't deal well with bumps along the way that are always part of cruising and not unusal when it comes to International travel so for you a good knowledgeable TA is a necessity in my opinion.

I would suggest, if this is the first cruise for the OP, that she find a knowledgeable travel agent to assist her in the booking process. Many of us who have taken numerous cruises are quite capable of doing it all ourselves, but for a first timer, it is best to get assistance from a good travel agent that can explain the pricing tables and different categories of staterooms available.

It costs nothing to use a TA, in fact, you can often save money booking a Princess cruise through a TA, there is no need to book direct (especially when you really don't know what you are doing on the booking site). No offense made by that last statement, it is just being honest.

Best of luck, and I have to say I agree with the others. The Princess website is not trying to deceive you, it is a booking engine, and like most booking engines, this is how they work.

Toto, I am not trying to book direct. I just wanted to know why people were saying a full suite costs thousands of dollars, not only $600, more than a balcony cabin, as the site appeared to indicate when I looked at the prices. Yes, I am a first-time cruiser and yes, I will consult a travel agent when the time comes - about two years from now.

Toto, I am not trying to book direct. I just wanted to know why people were saying a full suite costs thousands of dollars, not only $600, more than a balcony cabin, as the site appeared to indicate when I looked at the prices. Yes, I am a first-time cruiser and yes, I will consult a travel agent when the time comes - about two years from now.

Go with a T/A. Forget about the princess booking engine.....

Bob

You are confusing a mini-suite with a suite. A mini runs around $600 more than a balcony, a suite runs thousands

Archived