OASIS Best place for complimentary meals?

Yes, the Windjammer can be a bit crowded, but no so bad that you can't eat there. Take advantage of the main dining room for dinner and try it for lunch on sea days, also breakfast. Don't forget room service, especially for breakfast. Try the cafe in Central Park, especially for the carved roast beef sandwiches. All venues I've mentioned are at no extra charge.

They are only complimentary, if you did not pay for your cruise. As they say "No such thing as a free lunch", although there are many "no extra charge" options. My favourite is the Solarium Bistro.

But somehow, we all knew what the OP meant...

My in laws loved the main dining room for breakfast. We either grabbed a quick bite at Cafe Promenade or sat down at Park Cafe for breakfast. For lunch Park Cafe or Wipe Out Cafe (I am not a big hot dog eater but for some reason I loved the pretzel dogs!). Our first experience in the Windjammer was very crowded..no seats. Our second we went much later on a port day (about 10:15) and found a seat. Only tried it twice as there were plenty of other places to go instead. Great views from the tables in the Windjammer i you can find one though!

There are actually two windjammer serving areas on the Oasis, one on each side of the ship. Sometimes it gets crowded but I was always able to find a seat for us.

Sometimes you have to walk back to the rear to find tables.

Hands down our family thought that the Park Cafe for breakfast and lunch was the best option. They have healthy selections and you're able to get items made to order. I wish I had one of their roast beef sandwiches and soup right now....:(

There are actually two windjammer serving areas on the Oasis, one on each side of the ship. Sometimes it gets crowded but I was always able to find a seat for us.

Sometimes you have to walk back to the rear to find tables.

It took me until Day 3 to realize there were 2 sides to the Windjammer!!

Breakfast Johnie Rockets was great, had the pancakes and eggs which weren't instant. My parents loved the Main Dining room for breakfast, fresh eggs made to order etc. Bagels in the Park Cafe were OK. Lunch at the Park Cafe is the best. Careful the roast beef sandwiches are addicting. Ignore the dining monitor if it shows the Park Cafe in red. It was always red during lunch yet every time I went there anyway it was empty.

The apple pastries in the Cafe Promenade were really good as well. The Windjammer pretty much has all of the same offerings as the main dinning room, except maybe the lobster. I did both a few nights since the kids always wanted the real ice cream at night in the Windjammer.

I must say the dining options are really tremendous with so many choices just plan on trying everything once. 7 days is just not enough time on this ship, enjoy.

Archived