DH refuses formal

Laps376

Husband adamant about not bringing his tux on our 4/26 4 night cruise.Never paid attention on

our other cruises. What other options for dining

that night.Anybody else out there not bothered with getting dressed up.We usually do the formal.Just really wants to be low key this go around

A tux is not necessary. A nice suit will be fine and if all he brings is a jacket and a tie no one is going to stop you from going in to the dining room. Even with no jacket and tie he will not be stopped ut you will probably have a lot of people looking at you. There is an alternative casual dinner in the buffet every night although you are supposed to make a reservation.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Once we just opted to have dinner in our cabin- you can get the regular main dining room items delivered by room service. My dh isn't big on formal night either.

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

My husband doesn't own a tux nor I am I going to force him to get one. He wears a dark suite and a silk shirt. We never had any problems when dining on formal nights with this.

Pammie

Laps,

You didnt mention which ship you're going on, but most (if not all) have an alternate dining choice. The alternate on the Summit for instance was actually VERY good the night we ate there. The room service is also great. AND as long as he looks nice, neat & clean & you don't mind if some folks look, go to the dining room anyway, in the end, who REALLY cares!!! Neat, clean & presentable will not be turned away!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

A blazer & nice slacks with or without a tie will be perfectly fine. DON'T WORRY! Enjoy your cruise!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

You don't HAVE to wear a tux!! Besides, no one looks much at the guys anyways. It's the women who get eyed by men and other women!! icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

I would have to say that the last poster is correct. Unless a guy shows up on formal night in a thong or a toga no one will notice him. The men are all looking at the women and the women are looking at the other women to see what they are wearing.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Echo comments above, a dark suit will be fine -- I forgot my "formal" suit the last cruise we went on and lucked out, the husband of our good friends we were traveling with had both a suit and a tux and was almost identically sized to me... I can't imagine how much an emergency suit in Venice would have cost me..... icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Princess-of-Quite-alot:

You don't HAVE to wear a tux!! Besides, no one looks much at the guys anyways. It's the women who get eyed by men and other women!! icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. During one lunch we sat with a gay couple and one of them was commenting about several of the tuxes from the night before!

Ok, we all know there are always a few exceptions! icon_biggrin.gif

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

In choosing Celebrity you should know that it is one of the dressier massmarket cruiselines. If you didn't know then either you didn't research enough or your travel agent failed you. As said many times a dark suit will be fine, which by the way feels no different than a tux which is just another suit with a bit of satin on it.

I'm not sure whether all Celebrity ships have this or not, but the Constellation has a great sushi bar from 6 to 10 p.m. We ate there two nights when we were just too hot and tired to get dressed for dinner. And, best of all, it wasn't crowded. We ate on the aft deck, watched the sunset as the ship sailed out of port, and drank a glass of wine together. It was one of the best things we did.

Also, M-Class ships have the Aqua Spa cafe, which closes at 8 p.m. It offers really wonderful and healthy food options, including some great desserts.

warmwinds,

The Aqua Spa serves items, such as cashew chicken, veggie-stuffed pitas, a cold soup (like cucumber soup), light desserts -- similar to their lunch menu.

It was nice to take a break from the real heavy stuff they serve in the dining room.

Archived