Probably the "stupid question of the year"...but

CLMCLEOD

My husband is making me ask this...Does NCL use Heinz ketchup? He'll transport his own damn ketchup if he gets a "no" answer...puleeeease...

OK, I am somebody that isnt't real picky about alot of food items and I could care less about ketchup, but I will be packing my own ranch dressing. Anyways, someone posted on another thread this website that was www dot minimus dot com

They have all kinds of travel sizes of everything!

I remember the Heinz from my last NCL cruise, so tell your husband to leave his supply at home (plus, you never know if NCL will charge you a "corkage fee" for bringing your own) :D

I remember the Heinz from my last NCL cruise, so tell your husband to leave his supply at home (plus, you never know if NCL will charge you a "corkage fee" for bringing your own) :D

Bring it in the little pouches and pay a "rippage" fee;).

yes it is heinz. i wish they used hunt's or many of the generic brands because heinz advertises and does use much more vinegar than most brands and i think it is too much. your hubby probably doesn't like the sweet stuff made with crappy corn syrup.

Not a stupid question at all, but, next time try to be more descriptive in the subject line. "stupid question" not required!

As to ketchup - what they served last week is not always a guarentee they will serve it next week. I am guessing they really don't care what brand they have and could switch on a moments notice.

yes it is Heinz. i wish they used Hunt's or many of the generic brands because Heinz advertises and does use much more vinegar than most brands and i think it is too much. your hubby probably doesn't like the sweet stuff made with crappy corn syrup.

This is exactly why I like Heinz. I actually prefer the Heinz Organic ketchup. It has less sugar. I find most other brands taste like sweet tomato sauce.

BTW: NCL uses Heinz

Take care,

Mike

I don't think it's a strange question at all - I also MUCH prefer Heinz ketchup (although I will use other brands if I HAVE to), and French's yellow mustard (I will NOT use anything BUT that - will do w/o rather than resort to that).

Cracking up at the "corkage and rippage fees" - thanx for the laughs!! :)

Bring it in the little pouches and pay a "rippage" fee;).

i LOVE IT:D

i bring the ketchup packets and miracle whip packets to make my Thousand Island dressing at some places-specially Olive Garden--wish i would have thought of this when i first started cruising and they didnt have Thousand Island!

This is exactly why I like Heinz. I actually prefer the Heinz Organic ketchup. It has less sugar. I find most other brands taste like sweet tomato sauce.

BTW: NCL uses Heinz

Take care,

Mike

Pretty much no ketchup is using sugar. Think high-fructose corn syrup.:eek:

This is not the first ketchup thread that CC has had. It is pretty amazing that ketchup could be a deal-breaker. My last two cruises I didn't eat anything that might have gotten ketchup. It is really hard to believe that this could be a problem. I mean, there are federal rules for ketchup. It's a pretty limited recipe.

Archived