Look younger creams

robthens

I do agree that Carol does need to update her look. A more natural make up, casual hairstyle & fashionable clothes would help. But I guess it's her style.

Actually the eye squinting exercises got rid of the bags under my eyes. The fine lines around my mouth & eyes have vanished, too, in the past year. The big wrinkles go first & the smaller ones just take a little longer.

I suppose it depends on what you want. I have money limitations & I want to be as natural as possible. I don't want to have to avoid the sun all the time like you do on some medications or preparations! I don't want to have to avoid smiling or using my face! I don't want to be injected with poison! I want to avoid anything that gives me a fake plastic look, like Botox. I don't want that over-stretched look that comes from plastic surgery. I see the faces of women my age who have had too many procedures & they look to me like something from a horror movie. If a woman thinks that looks great -- well, more power to her! But this is what works for me.

I do think most women prefer something they can apply to the skin or have a procedure done TO them, rather than facial exercises, which take commitment & effort. Like eating sensibly & working out to lose weight.

Oh well, lecture over! Best of luck to ALL of us who want to continue looking our best whatever our ages & whatever methods we may choose!

Thanks for your opinions. I'm going to look more into her book/video.

I don't have bags under my eyes (had them surgically removed in my 20's) and I'm now over 40, but I do have some wrinkles, so I'm more concerned about the squinting exercises creating more wrinkles. If I had to choose between bags or wrinkles, I'd agree with you to eliminate the bags, those really age people alot. But since bags aren't the issue and wrinkles are, I'm going to ask a Dr. for an opinion.

I'm definitely going to do her jaw firming exercises though!

I'm not desperately trying to recapture a vanished youth. I just want to look my best now.

Here's a couple of other facial exercises from the Internet:

For your throat (also helps if you have a double chin): Open & close your mouth like a fish 10 times. Tilt your head back & do it another 10 times.

For brow overhang: Lay your forefingers just under your brows following the shape of your brows. Holding your fingers firmly in place, look down & blink 30 times.

Oh, and place a small piece of tape between your brows at bedtime to cut down on frown lines....

I remember reading that Rose Kennedy used to wear those at night :-)

I met the woman that owns the company and it was either her mother or grandmother that started it.

They're really excellent for those with the 11 lines between their eyebrows.

I can remember a show called "body buddies" from about 30 years ago, it was an exercise show, & they included face exercises, I'm going to try some of the ones posted here. My derm. keeps bringing up botox..."You want to preserve what you have Mrs. K" but I haven't done it because: A. I'm scared of needles, B. I don't want to end up looking like a freak (he assures me I won't) & C. I'm really, really afraid of needles:D

I can remember a show called "body buddies" from about 30 years ago, it was an exercise show, & they included face exercises, I'm going to try some of the ones posted here. My derm. keeps bringing up botox..."You want to preserve what you have Mrs. K" but I haven't done it because: A. I'm scared of needles, B. I don't want to end up looking like a freak (he assures me I won't) & C. I'm really, really afraid of needles:D

I HATE needles too -- and I can't believe it's good for you to deliberately inject a deadly poison into your body!!! :eek:

...and never ever use a Retin-A type product right before a cruise... the creams like this which cause massive skin peeling combined with the harsh wind/sun etc we usually encounter on a vacation, will cause some real problems ...even scaring.

Another note - never ever get your eyebrows or lip waxed when you are using a Retin-A product. The wax will pull your skin off. Sadly - this I found out first hand...:(

working in the beauty industry, i here it all, see it all, and try it all! the only way to achieve the appearance of healthy skin, is to keep up with a quality daily regimen, and if you can afford, a monthly facial by a professional. a professional facial is important because they use steam, which helps to open up the dermis and allow for better penetration of products, and they perform extractions.

de-hydrated skin is a major cause for wrinkles and dullness.

these are products that i use daily. they keep my skin free from the occasional breakout, smooth, hydrated, and glowing.

cleanser 1: philosophy - purity made simple (it removes all makeup, and i use it over my eyes! it never burns! so gentle)

cleanser 2: proactiv renewing cleanser

toner: epicuren - Protein Mist - Enzyme Protein Toner (it's a spray - no cotton ball or wipe needed)

eye cream: derma e - age defying eye creme

moisturizer/day cream: mark. - For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 (ALWAYS use a moisturizer with sunscreen!!)

night cream: Lancome - Primordiale Night Skin Recharge (so decedant! cannot live without this)

I do this daily - it's my routine - and i cannot tell you how many compliments i get on my skin. these products obviously won't work on everyone, you need to find what works for you. i takes time, nothing works overnight. give any new product a good 6-8 weeks.

I'm not desperately trying to recapture a vanished youth. I just want to look my best now.

Here's a couple of other facial exercises from the Internet:

For your throat (also helps if you have a double chin): Open & close your mouth like a fish 10 times. Tilt your head back & do it another 10 times.

For brow overhang: Lay your forefingers just under your brows following the shape of your brows. Holding your fingers firmly in place, look down & blink 30 times.

Oh, and place a small piece of tape between your brows at bedtime to cut down on frown lines....

I REALLY shouldn't read this stuff at work. I'm making vowel noises and fish faces at my desk...

Hey! Maybe they'll think I need a mental health break and send me away!

This stuff's great!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Frangran for telling us about facercize. It was so interesting that I had to order the used book from Amazon. I think that my neck looks a bit better and maybe better cheeks. (Doing it for 6 wks now)

I do my face exercises in the morning on my daily run, and then when DH and I watch Jeopardy in the afternoon. The only problem is he keeps telling me "you're creeping me out!!:rolleyes:"

I also think Renova is the best thing that has worked for me. One day will maybe need filler around my mouth - just wish it lasted a bit longer!

Well I tell you, I'm 60 and have been told I look in my forties and I use serious skincare products especially the Resveratrol creams and Rulinea. I receive a lot of compliments on my skin. I get hem from Ebay as we don't carry them in Canada.

Just wanted to say thanks to Frangran for telling us about facercize. It was so interesting that I had to order the used book from Amazon. I think that my neck looks a bit better and maybe better cheeks. (Doing it for 6 wks now)

I do my face exercises in the morning on my daily run, and then when DH and I watch Jeopardy in the afternoon. The only problem is he keeps telling me "you're creeping me out!!:rolleyes:"

I also think Renova is the best thing that has worked for me. One day will maybe need filler around my mouth - just wish it lasted a bit longer!

I loved your post as well as Jeopardy!

Sure are a lot of ads out there that are claiming that you can "look younger" in a few weeks of use. NOW, if just buying products would do the trick, I'd need an ID to buy a drink....LOL

Has anyone tried a "firming" product? Which ones have you tried? What were the results?

Yes!! Arbonne RE9 advance line!! Especially the LIft Gel! It's amazing and really works! (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a consultant for them, it really does work! the girls in my office are raving about it!)

Archived