Do you have to pre-pay shore excursions?

kmacht

Hi,

My wife and I are on the Carnival Destiny in a few weeks and we were looking at shore excursions through the ship. We found one we liked but also found that you have to pre-pay with a credit card in order to book it. Is this true or am I missing something. All of our cruises in the past has been on NCL and the shore excursions were always registered for beforehand but not charged until you were on the boat and had a shipboard account setup. Is there a way to do this with Carnival?

Keith

Hi,

My wife and I are on the Carnival Destiny in a few weeks and we were looking at shore excursions through the ship. We found one we liked but also found that you have to pre-pay with a credit card in order to book it. Is this true or am I missing something. All of our cruises in the past has been on NCL and the shore excursions were always registered for beforehand but not charged until you were on the boat and had a shipboard account setup. Is there a way to do this with Carnival?

Keith

The short answer is no. If you do them before hand, you pay. Then, on your shipboard account it will show up as a charge with a credit in the amount.

If you book the excursions online before the cruise, you do have to pay in full on a credit card. If you wait until you are on the ship, they will charge your S&S card. I try to book in advance online. Some of the more popular excursions do sell out. You can cancel up to 3 days before the cruise and get a 100% refund back on your card. You can also cancel on the ship but I think you get charged a cancellation fee. Also if the tour is canceled for some reason they will refund 100%.

If you book the excursions online before the cruise, you do have to pay in full on a credit card. If you wait until you are on the ship, they will charge your S&S card. I try to book in advance online. Some of the more popular excursions do sell out. You can cancel up to 3 days before the cruise and get a 100% refund back on your card. You can also cancel on the ship but I think you get charged a cancellation fee. Also if the tour is canceled for some reason they will refund 100%.

Ditto the above. They MAY charge you a 25% cancellation fee if you cancel on the ship - depends who you speak with at the shore excursion desk, and why you cancelled. We like reserving our shore excursions waaay before we get on board. It also makes our sign and sail bill less, as the excursion is charged to our credit card as soon as we reserve it on line.

Ditto the above. They MAY charge you a 25% cancellation fee if you cancel on the ship - depends who you speak with at the shore excursion desk, and why you cancelled. We like reserving our shore excursions waaay before we get on board. It also makes our sign and sail bill less, as the excursion is charged to our credit card as soon as we reserve it on line.

We like to do that, too. One more thing paid for and out of the way, plus we know that we got on the tour we wanted.

I agree with what everyone else says. If there is a tour that I really want then for sure I book ahead. Most of the time book all excursions on line with CC and get them paid and out of the way.

Marcy

Hi,

Keith

thanks this is a great question

Archived