Louis Cruise/ Greece

gebo

I have booked a cruise on the Louis Calypso leaving Athens on October 4th for 5 days.(Gems of the Adriatic , I believe) I have booked through an agency and will cruise solo in an IC cabin. I think this is their standard 5 day island cruise, also done by the Aquamarine.

Please, I have some questions about the ship and cruise. I would be greatful if you can help.

Can you tell me at what port in each island we will dock?

Can I bring a bottle of wine aboard? Is there a corking charge?

Can I cash travelers checks on board?

Will I be allowed to reserve excursions once I am on board?

How much is the all you can drink ticket and can it be bought for the day or must I buy for the entire voyage.

Will we dock in all ports or will we tender?

I am looking forward to any information you may have. Thanks,.

I have booked a cruise on the Louis Calypso leaving Athens on October 4th for 5 days.(Gems of the Adriatic , I believe) I have booked through an agency and will cruise solo in an IC cabin. I think this is their standard 5 day island cruise, also done by the Aquamarine.

Please, I have some questions about the ship and cruise. I would be greatful if you can help.

Can you tell me at what port in each island we will dock?

Can I bring a bottle of wine aboard? Is there a corking charge?

Can I cash travelers checks on board?

Will I be allowed to reserve excursions once I am on board?

How much is the all you can drink ticket and can it be bought for the day or must I buy for the entire voyage.

Will we dock in all ports or will we tender?

I am looking forward to any information you may have. Thanks,.

We need more info from you, such as what islands you will be visiting. My cruise on Calypso was five years ago, and I was with a group. Our tour leader and Greek guide handled the tours. Don't know about wine, never heard of a drinks card, sisn't try to cash any checks. We visited six islands in four days: Mykonos, Patmos, Samos, Rhodes, Crete, Santorini. We tendered in Mykonos on very small local boats...probably because there were a lot of ships there that evening, and the larger ones got to dock. We also tendered in Santorini...no dock there at all. Ship was very basic, think Motel -6, but food and service were great. EM

I haven't been on the Calypso but did this cruise on the Aquamarine in May. Read my review listed on this board. We only had to tender in Santorini, we were able to dock in the rest of the ports, including Mykonos. We docked at the new harbor in Mykonos and the ship had shuttle buses to get us to Old Town. I think the all you can drink alcohol card was 28 E a day. You decide how many days you want to use it. You can either buy it during the boarding process or once you get on the ship. You can sign up for any excursions once on the ship. I don't know about cashing traveler's checks. We just got money out of ATMs on the islands.

Hope this helps.

Archived