What is the Best thing on the Pearl?

MP&MP

For those of you who have experience the Pearl, what was the best thing about the ship (restaurant, activity, etc)?

We will be sailing on the Pearl end of October and Im looking forward to what the Pearl has to offer.

Thanks!

We just went on the Pearl last week. Our favorites:

Spinnaker Lounge -- Great for its big windows (glacier watching, whale watching, etc.) and entertainment (get there early for big acts ... limited seating). We had an inside cabin, so we spent a lot of time in the Spinnaker.

Entertainment -- Well beyond the typical dance shows. The comedians and entertainers were really good. SharkBait, Second City Comedy, Dave Naster and Oh What a Night were fun. If any of these are on your cruise, plan on attending.

Garden Cafe -- AKA, the Buffet. When we didn't feel like a formal dinner, we went here. Nice variety of foods. I'm on Weight Watchers and even found reasonable options here.

Behind the Scenes show -- At the end of the cruise, we attended a session with the captain and chief engineer. It was really interesting to see how the ship operates (slide program) and learn more about the staff. The captain is a funny guy, too.

Have a great trip! We sure did.

Behind the Scenes show -- At the end of the cruise, we attended a session with the captain and chief engineer. It was really interesting to see how the ship operates (slide program) and learn more about the staff. The captain is a funny guy, too.

Have a great trip! We sure did.

Must have been captain Lars Bengston... he is a great guy and hilarious.

It's hard to narrow it down to just one. For me it was bowling, the crew and Spinnaker Lounge (plenty of comfy chairs to enjoy the view from Deck 13). You'll have a great time no matter what you decide to enjoy!

Here's a few photos I took from our cruise on the Pearl:

Daily bulletins from Captain Lars

"the nearest land is one and a half miles away at the bottom of the ocean, don't worry we are not calling there"

"if the ship had wheels we could take a shortcut over the mountains but it doesn't so we will go around the peninsula" I think he had been looking at the duck vehicles in Ketchikan that day.

I also loved the Great Outdoors and the bar area above the pool.

Absolutely... the crew!

Aft balconies =o)

Courtyard villa =o)

Cagney's =o)

Shows =o)

Freestyle =o)

etc... loved it and hope you do too... I think you have to really try hard not to love it.

The crew on the Pearl was unbelievable,Shout out to Robert & Shona our room attendants,OMG the pampering.Sheer bliss.....................

Yes indeed! My mother and I introduced ourselves at the Lattitudes party and told him we went to Sweden a few months earlier and told him we went to the Vasa Museum. Said Norwegians don't know how to build ships, lol!

Must have been captain Lars Bengston... he is a great guy and hilarious.

Archived