Hotel Near Port of Miami?

Randus62

We are going on the Sky in January. We will be coming into the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL). Cruise goes out Monday and we are going to arrive late Saturday night. We are hoping for a hotel that offers a park and cruise. I have found I am best to rent a car. But hoping to avoid the expense of parking it at the terminal.

We are going on the Sky in January. We will be coming into the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL). Cruise goes out Monday and we are going to arrive late Saturday night. We are hoping for a hotel that offers a park and cruise. I have found I am best to rent a car. But hoping to avoid the expense of parking it at the terminal.

No hotel close to the Port of Miami offers park and cruise.

Why would you want to pay for parking and a rental that you are not using? Dump the car and shuttle or cab to port.

The Intercontinental on www.LastMinuteTravel.com is the best deal downtown near the port. It is a nice luxury business hotel that many cruisers are getting for under $100 per night however it does depend on the time of year you are traveling.

I would suggest Coconut Grove or Coral Gables as an alternative to the downtown are or if you must stay downtown, The Epic or the Hotel Viceroy.

If you insist on leaving your rental car in a park and cruise deal:confused: then check www.parksleepfly.com. because you arrive late on Saturday I suggest that you find a hotel offering this service in the Fort Lauderdale area - hotels will be cheaper and the area nicer than what you'll find offered in Miami (most will be out near MIA).

You can shuttle from FLL area hotels to the port for about $15 each with SAS (www.ridesas.com) - about the same price a cab would cost from an MIA area hotel. Good luck!:)

Is there a reason you have to head to Miami on arrival? Ft. L is a very nice city to spend a precruise day. And more economical for sure.

Renting a car to get to Miami and then pay for parking isn't very practical. Use a shuttle to get to Miami.

If you want to head to Miami for the precruise day, look for hotels on Biscayne Blvd. (near port) and leave the car out of the picture.

Archived