Booking question about C&A

I have 9 credits with RCCL. I just booked a 3-day cruise to get my 10th credit for my diamond status. That cruise is August 20.

I also want to do the Grandeur of the Seas (GOS) repositioning which leaves Nov 1, 2010.

If I reserved the GOS now the final payment will occur before I get to Diamond status.

Can I reserve the GOS now and when I get on the Majesty on August 20th get my Diamond balcony reduction and OBC?

Or should I wait until I get on board the Majesty (Aug 20) and then book the GOS and "hope" that the balconey is still available?

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have 9 credits with RCCL. I just booked a 3-day cruise to get my 10th credit for my diamond status. That cruise is August 20.

I also want to do the Grandeur of the Seas (GOS) repositioning which leaves Nov 1, 2010.

If I reserved the GOS now the final payment will occur before I get to Diamond status.

Can I reserve the GOS now and when I get on the Majesty on August 20th get my Diamond balcony reduction and OBC?

Or should I wait until I get on board the Majesty (Aug 20) and then book the GOS and "hope" that the balconey is still available?

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you book now, you can get the balcony discount applied once you become Diamond. (which will NOT occur when you *board* the Majesty, but when you disembark and have it credited to your C&A account)

You can only get the OBC for booking onboard if you book onboard.

If you wait to book, prices may increase (or decrease), cabins may disappear from availability. You are rolling the dice.

:)

If you book now, you can get the balcony discount applied once you become Diamond. (which will NOT occur when you *board* the Majesty, but when you disembark and have it credited to your C&A account)

You can only get the OBC for booking onboard if you book onboard.

If you wait to book, prices may increase (or decrease), cabins may disappear from availability. You are rolling the dice.

:)

Thanks for your advice. Please let me see if I understand.

If I book the GOS now to get my balcony (with RCCL rep) I won't get OBC because I'm not onboard. I will get my platinum discount. However when I become diamond on August 20 (AFTER the Majesty sailing) then i go back to RCCL and they'll give me an addition diamond bonus?

The problem is that I have to make final payment on GOS BEFORE I sail on the Majesty. Will RCI give me additional credit after I get to Diamond?

Sorry for being so scattered. I just found this GOS repositioning and have the time.

Thanks for your advice. Please let me see if I understand.

If I book the GOS now to get my balcony (with RCCL rep) I won't get OBC because I'm not onboard. I will get my platinum discount. However when I become diamond on August 20 (AFTER the Majesty sailing) then i go back to RCCL and they'll give me an addition diamond bonus?

The problem is that I have to make final payment on GOS BEFORE I sail on the Majesty. Will RCI give me additional credit after I get to Diamond?

Sorry for being so scattered. I just found this GOS repositioning and have the time.

Yes you can still get the discount after paying in full.

###

Personally, I would sit down with the Loyalty Ambassador on the Majesty and see if he/she can apply your Diamond credit, and take care of the D balcony discount credit for you. You also could cancel and rebook the same GOS cruise on the Majesty if the prices are the same, get the D discount, AND get the obc!! Big ole WIN-WIN!!

Personally, I would sit down with the Loyalty Ambassador on the Majesty and see if he/she can apply your Diamond credit, and take care of the D balcony discount credit for you. You also could cancel and rebook the same GOS cruise on the Majesty if the prices are the same, get the D discount, AND get the obc!! Big ole WIN-WIN!!

won't do any good since they aren't diamond until the cruise is over. They can't apply diamond discount if they aren't diamond.

Thanks for the advice - we will definately sit down with the LA while on the majesty. I'm going to book the GOS this week because I'm afraid if I wait until Aug 20th it might get sold out. As long as RCI honors the Diamond balcony after final payment I'm good with that. That OBC would be nice but I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank for your ideas/suggestions.

won't do any good since they aren't diamond until the cruise is over. They can't apply diamond discount if they aren't diamond.

I have personally seen Loyalty Ambassadors apply the credit from the ship, ESPECIALLY if the person is ready to book another cruise. If the OP goes towards the end of the cruise, the LA can email Miami and ask that the credit be applied, or the LA can change the booking after the person has left the ship. It can all be handled with the LA; you just have to go sit down and have a chat to see what can be done.

I have personally seen Loyalty Ambassadors apply the credit from the ship, ESPECIALLY if the person is ready to book another cruise. If the OP goes towards the end of the cruise, the LA can email Miami and ask that the credit be applied, or the LA can change the booking after the person has left the ship. It can all be handled with the LA; you just have to go sit down and have a chat to see what can be done.

Whatever you say.

Whatever you say.

I'm trying to help; what are you trying to do? I seriously don't need the sarcasm and nastiness in your post.

I was not trying to argue with you, but I do want the OP to know that once on the ship the Loyalty Ambassador has some flexibility with the booking.

Archived