I've asked my travel agent...

igo2travel

She isn't the quickest to get back with me, but when you book early saver, which I did, is it possible to change and add cabins? I have four of us in a balcony room and want to kick the kids (21 & 18) out and put them in an inside cabin across the hall. Will I be able to do this?

She isn't the quickest to get back with me, but when you book early saver, which I did, is it possible to change and add cabins? I have four of us in a balcony room and want to kick the kids (21 & 18) out and put them in an inside cabin across the hall. Will I be able to do this?

That's interesting, as you could be considered to be "downgrading" the Early Saver booked kids to a lower Category. That will also leave you booked under cabin capacity for the Balcony. I forget the age boundaries for kids alone in a cabin, but you can circumvent that by booking adult in each room and sorting it out aboard ship at Purser's desk. Fire ????? Post your results? ken

all you can do is call and ask because they will be the ones that will be able to tell you the age, location etc, and best case it will be a $50.00 change fee per person and your balcony will move because it was for 4 and now will only be 2 ppl.

How is it downgrading? I don't understand that part. Is a two person balcony room smaller than the four people or are you just saying going from four to two isn't looked kindly upon; although I will be adding another room and was hoping to be across the hall from them.

How is it downgrading? I don't understand that part. Is a two person balcony room smaller than the four people or are you just saying going from four to two isn't looked kindly upon; although I will be adding another room and was hoping to be across the hall from them.

If your children are in another room, I don't think you will be in the room you are assigned to right now since the room that you're having is for 4 people. They will have to check to see if there is any balcony room available (for you) close to an inside cabin room (for your children).

I think Ken meant that the kids are currently in a balcony room and you'd be "downgrading" them to an inside.

I don't believe it would be considered downgrading.......would you be paying more for the kids in the inside cabin as opposed to extra guests in the balcony cabin:confused:

I don't think you'd be downgrading...If anything, it would cost you more since 3rd and 4th passagers are at a discounted fare, and now they'd be at a 1st and 2nd person price.

The only problem I see, is if the inside rooms close to your cabin aren't available...I don't think they'd kick you out for removing the 3rd and 4th person though. I mean, there are currently 2 of us booked in a 4 person balcony room, and they aren't kicking us out!

Good luck. I don't think you'll have any issues...After all, it IS extra money for the cruiseline!

You're actually downgrading the two kids from a Balcony Category to an Inside Category which is a lower Category - technically not allowed under ES, but your situation is a bit different and I expect it will be OK. I don't see any penalty/fee for doing this.

You'll be moving the kids from the lower rate 3rd and 4th passenger (in a higher-priced balcony) to a higher rate 1st and 2nd passenger (in a lower rate Inside) - the fares may or not come out lower or maybe a "wash".

You parents will now be in a Balcony designated for 4 passengers; Carnival can (but apparently rarely does) move you to a 2 PAX Balcony (their definition of "equivalent" is usually same Category, not accounting for location, etc.).

Post your results!!!!!

ken

So four days after I asked the TA about the two cabins, we are now in one two person balcony and one two person inside cabin, twenty cabins apart at a cost of $200 more as we missed getting the early saver rate. It was there on Wednesday and Thursday, but TA didn't get it done until Friday. So we got past guest rate. Of course I originally booked in February so my bad for not thinking of this sooner. $200 more isn't bad for more privacy and we ended up moving from the Upper to Verandah, so that's cool.

I'm glad that things worked out for you.....I don't think I would keep a TA that took two days to make the change for you resulting in an extra $200 fee. My TA gets me booked right when I make the call to her..... I do hope you have a great trip!

Just realized too with early saver I would have got price drops. That's probably not the same with past guest rates, right? Oops.

That's correct. You will not be able to get price drops after final payment for the room booked under the past guest rate but you CAN get price drops before final payment.

• 4 weeks later...

So with being a past guest rate and with price drops before final payment, we were able to change cabins (again) and go all the way to the Lido deck, get a balcony and inside cabin right across from each other and drop the price $400 total since I posted last. Cool beans.:D

Just realized too with early saver I would have got price drops. That's probably not the same with past guest rates, right? Oops.

If the kids were originally ES ... Once ES always ES Iv been told anyway ... their deposit is still nonrefundable ... so you might be able to get price drops on their cabin until you sail. The kids are still on the same ES booking, the booking # hasnt changed .. so I would say still ES, they just transferred to another cabin.

Archived