Venice - Royal Caribbean -- shuttle from P.Roma to ship

kcscrapper

My documents (wheee!!!) say that there is a free shuttle from P.Roma to the ship -- a friend who recently took similar cruise (also with RC) out of Venice asserts that the free shuttle is impossible to find and that was not the first time I heard that complaint.

Does anyone know where the Royal Caribbean shuttle "hangs out" while filling before its run?

My documents (wheee!!!) say that there is a free shuttle from P.Roma to the ship -- a friend who recently took similar cruise (also with RC) out of Venice asserts that the free shuttle is impossible to find and that was not the first time I heard that complaint.

Does anyone know where the Royal Caribbean shuttle "hangs out" while filling before its run?

P Roma is pretty small and if there is a bus you should be able to find it within 30 minutes or so...however, why stress, a cab is about 10 euros.

The shuttle bus will be in a corner of the Piazelle Roma lot, about 40 ft in front of the D2 signpost. (the signposts are like a gate number for buses so that passengers know where their bus is located)

The shuttles are similar in size to a greyhound bus, not a little van. When we arrived at PR there were no buses but within a few minutes 3 pulled in. There is a small banner inside the front window on the passenger side to indicate the cruise line/ship.

Hope this helps. As long as you're near D2 you'll see the bus when it arrives. There's only one for RC and it's going back and forth constantly.

Thank you for your kind attention and generous information!

Yes - I'd heard of the PeopleMover ... and it would be fun to experience, but I've also been informed that its station is at the "dock doors" and there could still be a substantial walk to the ship. (I'm trying to be considerate of one of our travelers who has a rotator cuff injury)

I don't recall getting any info from RCI about the free shuttle, but I read about it while lurking on the "meet and mingle" of an earlier sailing of our ship. When we arrived at PRoma from the airport we saw people with RCI luggage tags; they said the shuttle had just left and would be back in 10-15 minutes. So we stood under the shade of the trees and waited with them. That would be another clue about the location. In front of D2 near the trees.

Archived