Bar Questions And Request For Reviews

SoCalMPM

Did anyone hit most or all of the watering establishments? If so any thoughts on the physical set up (crowded or spacious, etc.) , service (quick to mix a good drink or dying of thirst), prices (happy hour or high-end lounge) and the the patrons. The more reviews from different perspectives, the better. Thanks! :)

Bliss

Spice

Posh

Epic Club

O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill

Shaker’s Martini Bar

Maltings Whiskey Bar

Our solos group hung out at Shakers Martini Bar. See http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/aJajFiSt5BwaZr9XcBRMwg?feat=directlink for a pic of a couple of drinks, also the two pix before that one. I think the yellow one is a lemon drop and the blue is a stormy night. Delicious!

they had lots of unusual martinis, if you could call them that--they were usually a combination of liqueurs and something more like vodka or I forget what else. Delicious, but pricey--usually $10 to $11 when tip was added in. And the menus didn't have prices, which I don't like. I prefer to know what things cost before I buy them, and I didn't want to go through the four or more pages of drinks and ask how much each was. Next time I am going to ask for a menu with prices if they have such a thing.

Service was fine, they have a nice piano player there, and there is comfortable seating, including couches at the back. Nice place to hang out.

2 for 1 martinis from 5-7 most nights at the bar in Moderno! All martinis included. I think it may have been an all day special the first day but we missed that. Grab a martini menu from the shakers martini bar and bring it with you so you have more to choose from!

All bars except the pool bar were very easy to get to and no waits. They had a lot of beer on tap at Osheehans but had trouble getting it to work right a lot of times.

Great deal! How did you find out about it?

It was listed in the dallies under bar manager specials(bottom of the inside page to the left). I never noticed it the first day, but the bartender told us they had 2 for 1's all day the first day. Not sure if that meant on Saturday or Sunday though. It probably said it in the daily and I just didn't notice it. It worked out to about $11 for 2 martinis after the 18%. Not bad when they are premium martinis with anything you want in them. Only catch was you had to get both of the same flavor. It's nice if you can find another couple to split with and take turns ordering different flavors.

Archived