Question for anyone who's used RailEurope

TIdoubleGR

Hi everyone!

So I bought our train tickets on RailEurope-- Rome to Venice. I just got our passes in the mail (yay!) and was wondering if what I was sent is the actual ticket that will be asked of us by the train conductor, or if we have to redeem what was sent to us at a ticket booth to get the actual tickets? Want to make sure we know what to expect next week!

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone!

So I bought our train tickets on RailEurope-- Rome to Venice. I just got our passes in the mail (yay!) and was wondering if what I was sent is the actual ticket that will be asked of us by the train conductor, or if we have to redeem what was sent to us at a ticket booth to get the actual tickets? Want to make sure we know what to expect next week!

Thanks for your help!

We did this trip but we got our tickets in Rome. I think they send tickets in the mail. Do your passes / tickets show a departure time, car assignment and seat assignment.

Yes, they do show our car and seat assignments, as well as train number and departure times, arrival times, etc. They look like tickets; I just wanted to make sure they were that and not just vouchers for tickets. Don't want to have to pay that huge fine for not having done things properly!

IF you have a specific date with seat/train/time etc. then you do not have to validate the tix as they are only good on that particular train.

IF it makes you feel more secure then of course go ahead and use the yellow validation boxes on the wall that will time stamp the tix.

When you get to the station, you will have to find out which track your train will leave from. Everyone will be looking up at a large board to get thier track number and so will you.

They do not post it until 10 or 15 minutes before you leave and it will be in the column titled "binario"

Yes, and then there will be a big rush! I expect that the train to Venice will leave from one of the 26 (?) binarios right there in the terminal, not like the train to Civitavecchia that is 4 football fields away! But there's no point in getting there too early, otherwise you just stand and watch the big board. We learned this the hard way!! 20 minutes early is plenty.

To answer precisely :

1. If you have ordered a RAIL PASS then you need to go to the Booking Office and have it validated, before you travel the FIRST time.

If your paper docs are SEAT ALLOCATIONS they are not tickets to travel

2. If you ordered a POINT to POINT ticket (Single or Return) it may also show seat reservation, be sure to validate it in the machine at the entry to the platform BEFORE travelling .

If you are not sure what you have check at the INFO CENTRE at the station before travelling .

Failure to validate a travel ticket or Rail Pass before boarding will result in the on-board Conductor issuing you with a substantial additional charge .

Archived