Long Beach California to Miami Florida

jspqld

Next year, we will be disembarking a carnival cruise in Long Beach on a sunday & then wish to fly to Miami & spend some time in South Beach. I am currently in the process of researching flights between the 2 states. If anyone has any info they could provide me on which airports &/or airlines would be best to use at either end, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The closest airport is Long Beach airport but it is small and only offers a limited number of airlines/flights. LAX is the largest airport in the area but John Wayne (in Orange County) is also an international airport and is much easier than LAX.

Next year, we will be disembarking a carnival cruise in Long Beach on a sunday & then wish to fly to Miami & spend some time in South Beach. I am currently in the process of researching flights between the 2 states. If anyone has any info they could provide me on which airports &/or airlines would be best to use at either end, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks

You might want to check with JetBlue. Granted, they don't fly to Miami, but they do fly from Long Beach to Ft. Lauderdale, which isn't too far from Miami (30-40 minutes, depending on traffic and who's driving). Their fares are generally reasonable and I find them comfortable.

Two problems - 1) I don't think that they've released flights that far out. 2) I think that the only direct flight is the red-eye.

Also, flights out of SNA (John Wayne) tend to be a bit more expensive than flights out of LAX. Not always, but generally.

SNA is about 40 minutes south of Long Beach, while LAX is roughly 30 minutes north of Long Beach. Getting a shuttle to either from the Carnival pier shouldn't be difficult.

You do realize that the "2 states" in question are on opposite sides of the USA, right?? You will have to check the 3 closest airports to see who offers you the best flights: LAX, SNA, or the small Long Beach airport(LGB)

The 3 airlines that handle ONLY internal flights here in the USA are:

Virgin America,Jet Blue, and Southwest Airlines.

You can use a search engine like: http://www.kayak.com to see all flights BUT these internal airlines will not show up so you have to look on their web sites.

As mentioned above, they don't usually show flights more than about 6months out. We don't tend to book as far in advance as you guys from Oz.

Thanks for the info guys. I wont be booking any tickets for a few months yet, but just starting to do my research now so that I am well prepared to book when the time comes. Yes, I am very aware that the 2 places are on the opposite sides of the country & that is why I am on here trying to find out as much logistical info from you locals as possible! I really do appreciate the names of the local airports & local airlines. I wasn't aware of a couple of them. As mentioned above they often dont come up in traditional booking engines.

Ontario is not "local" to LB. It can be 2 hours away with average traffic.

San Diego has been know to be a 3.5 hour drive away quite often.

I would stick to LAX or John Wayne (OC)...

American offers non-stops between LAX and Miami. JetBlue offers non-stops between Long Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.

Ontario is not "local" to LB. It can be 2 hours away with average traffic.

San Diego has been know to be a 3.5 hour drive away quite often.

I would stick to LAX or John Wayne (OC)...

Ontario is no more than 1 hour away and San Diego is has never taken me more than 2 hrs from Long Beach.

American offers non-stops between LAX and Miami. JetBlue offers non-stops between Long Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.

While LGB is the closest to the pier in Long Beach, the only non-stop from LGB to Ft Lauderdale, FLL, is a red-eye. You land at 500 AM or so. You are still quite a distance from Miami and South Beach.

American Airlines out of LAX offers frequent non-stop flights to Miami. We have family members that frequently fly to Miami and American Airlines (AA) generally offer the best fares. Also, the shared van shuttles from port are usually cheaper to get to LAX than SNA.

Ontario is no more than 1 hour away and San Diego is has never taken me more than 2 hrs from Long Beach.

While I agree that San Diego is usually a 2 hr drive, Ontario is a trek from Long Beach and I think traffic is a lot more variable so it is difficult to estimate times.

LB is first choice but LAX and John Wayne are much easier than trying to trek out to Ontario.

Archived