"Not available" on RCCL website?

I notice on certain cruises the nicer bigger suites it says "not available" and to call RCCL. Allure of the seas I see is mostly like that. Is there a reason or they just want you to call them for certain suites? Thanks JC

Really wow even for a cruise in April of 2011? They sell out that far in advance? JC

I believe most of the larger/limited suites are a call only type of thing. When we booked our 2011 Allure cruise, I called and had our choice of suite, even though they did not show up on line. Just give a call and see what is available. Good luck!

Thanks that is what I though. Just cause it says "not available" doesn't mean it is,its just how RCCL operates. I think we have to do "Allure". I'm watching videos of "Oasis" on yourtube and the ship is just too awesome. Now I don't fly or can't,its a phobia so its Amtrak to Fl but will be work it. Ships just too amazing. JC

Thanks that is what I though. Just cause it says "not available" doesn't mean it is,its just how RCCL operates. I think we have to do "Allure". I'm watching videos of "Oasis" on yourtube and the ship is just too awesome. Now I don't fly or can't,its a phobia so its Amtrak to Fl but will be work it. Ships just too amazing. JC

Plenty of suites available on Allure in April. Especially the Crown Loft Suites.

If you see a cabin you like call Royal. You can always be waitlisted; you book a cabin and tell them which cabin you really want; if it becomes available they will call you and ask if you still want that cabin/suite. I am waitlisted for a specific cabin on Allure in Jan.

Ok I was just curious as to why a lot of times far in advance it still says "not available". Thanks guys. Allure is incredible. I love these Aqua theater suites. We most likely book with 2 other people for that suite though. Looks really cool. Thanks again JC

There are usually two types of 'not availables'. The 'there are no cabins available but call anyway and we will find something different' or the 'this cabin holds 4 or more people - do you have that many?' type. For the top suites on Allure it's likely the second so try and call.

We wanted a GS for the Jewel of the Seas in September 2011. Guess what? All suites are sold out (and they really are all sold out)!!! Over a year in advance? And RCCL UK do not operate a wait list. The only way is to keep checking every day and grab one if it becomes available.

No chance of that as the U.S. are allowed to go on a wait list. Does anyone have any ideas how to get round this? What if we go via a U.S. TA - would they be able to put us on a wait list even though we are in the UK?

Further to my previous post - I was misinformed - my TA advised that I could not be waitlisted. Having just rung RCCL direct, they told me that they will waitlist if you ring directly, but will not do it for TAs!!!

She also told me that there is a big group holding all the Grand Suites for this sailing - so maybe that could apply to yours as well? If it is a large group booking then they could have blocked them all out?

Ok I was just curious as to why a lot of times far in advance it still says "not available". Thanks guys. Allure is incredible. I love these Aqua theater suites. We most likely book with 2 other people for that suite though. Looks really cool. Thanks again JC

We did book an ATS for our sailing, and RCCL told me they never show online, even with the right amount of people.

After carefully looking it say "not available online" so that just means they want you to call. I mean that is what its got to mean. JC

It doesn't mean that they will be available if you call though. They could actually still be sold out - like ours!:(

Yeah that is true. We didn't have anything specific in mind. We we're just looking at dates and noticing "not avaliable online" on a lot of cruises. Interesting question though. I'm gonna talk to RCCL to find out whats up. JC

I called about a suite on either Oasis or Allure for a March 2011 sailing that showed to call for availabilty. When he first checked nothing was available, but as I was speaking with him a grand suite on Allure was released. Courtesy holds can only be done online so I quickly checked online and it showed it was available. The best thing is the connecting D-1 next to it was available so I quickly put a hold on the GS until my family came home to discuss it with them. I then paid the deposit and we are booked. So excited!

Archived