Shade on CoCo Cay

G&TQ

Is there any? I love to be on the beach but can't be in the sun for too long. Is there shade on the beach? umbrellas, clam shells cabannas? If you have to reserve/rent please give me those details also. TIA!!!!

There area alot of trees that can be used for shade. You should have no trouble at all finding a chair under a palm tree. It's beautiful there. I don't think they even rent umbrellas, but I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I know there are a few cabana type things, but not sure if they are for rent or for suite passengers.

But, you really don't need to rent shade--there are plenty of trees.

The Island Oasis (spa) area has 4 or 5 wonderful cabanas and a bunch of clam shells. They are free, first-come-first-serve. When we were there last month, we sat under one of the cabanas all day and hardly anyone else came over there. The cabanas are not right on the beach so that could be why people didn't use them.

There also seemed to be plenty of hammocks and lounges under the palm trees. Go enjoy the island. It's beautiful.

The Island Oasis (spa) area has 4 or 5 wonderful cabanas and a bunch of clam shells. They are free, first-come-first-serve. When we were there last month, we sat under one of the cabanas all day and hardly anyone else came over there. The cabanas are not right on the beach so that could be why people didn't use them.

There also seemed to be plenty of hammocks and lounges under the palm trees. Go enjoy the island. It's beautiful.

Definitely agree with the Island Oasis cabanas. When you get off the tender, head to the left. You'll see them. They are wonderful. We had them to ourselves as well when we were there in December. You can walk to the water in about 50 steps, and there is a bar there as well. You also have a great view of the ship.

You should be able to find plenty of shade for free. Have fun!

There's plenty of shade...lots of trees and breezes!

We must have been on a different part of the island, we found no shade.

We were late getting offf the ship about 10 AM. It was difficult to find 2 chairs together and NONE were in the shade.

We were just there on Wednesday and I agree there is lots of shade to be found if you look. If you follow the main beach area past where the water park is to what they call Barefoot Beach there are more chairs with umbrellas as well as shade trees.

Archived