Princess service is tops

silverjoe

Hi All:

I hope that Princess monitors this forum because I want to compliment one of their employees. I had found that Berda Davis is the group service agent for the Star Princess and arranges for the cruise critic roll calls meet and greets. I sent Berda an email, and received a reply in no more then 10 minutes with the date, available time, and location. It was that easy.

Thanks Berda

Sincerely,

Joe

I can't imagine any cruise line employees ever look at this website, but it is great that a person who works for Princess gave you a reason to compliment her personally.

Yes, they do watch this site. I know for a fact from conversations with some of the cruise staff. When they attend the meet and greets it's amazing how they know some of the roll call members by their screen names.

I can't imagine any cruise line employees ever look at this website, but it is great that a person who works for Princess gave you a reason to compliment her personally.

Ahh, but they do. While we were on a cruise earlier this year the Hotel Manager mentioned something that was on cruise critic. I asked him how he knew and he said that they get a summary of important topics from HQ that are reviewed in their meetings. But, I agree, the OP should write a letter to Princess to insure the appropriate people know about this employees great service. I also know of at least one CD that post on cruise critic occasionally.

You would be surprised just how many do, both at Corporate and those at Sea. If fact, there are a few high ranking officers and staffers that lurk on the Princess Board.

Hi All

Largin is correct,

Princess reads these boards, senior officers read what is written about their ships, others post ,

what is funny is when an officer writes about what happens, and then one of us here says he is not correct.

yours Shogun

I am sure they do for sheer entertainment purpose but still forums are a very small percentage of the travel population. Anyway, I hope they don't take anything seriously. Just in case, I have never smuggled or intend to smuggle alcohol on board. It was ice tea and not Jack Daniels in the bottle. I never partied in my cabin with White Russians or Bahama Mamas, not my type:p:D

It's always nice to send an email.

read these boards....

I was told Princess is aware people try the Ultimate Balcony Dining because of the rave reviews it gets on these boards.....and they also read these boards..

which is why on my "to do" list is to continues the "raves" since we did it last year and loved it and this year it was just as amazingly wonderful!

Bernadette

I write letters to the respective supervisors a day or two before the end of the cruise about people onboard that have gone above and beyond to make our experience a special one. I address them to the respective managers (ships officers). On our last cruise the fact that I had done this got back to one of the employees (bartender) prior to our disembarkation. She thanked me for my effort and told me that she had been informed that she would be getting a $100 bonus on her next pay as "Hospitality employee of the month". I'm certain it wasn't my letter alone that did it but it just might have made the difference. A few minutes of your time can make a big impact on someone. Conversly, I would not hesitate to write a letter about poor treatment either. Thankfully I have yet to have the occasion to do so.

I recently finished a 15-day European Explorer cruise on the Crown Princess (June 8 - June 23). That was my first time on the Crown Princess (I have been on Star, Diamond, and Grand before). Besides my cabin steward, all the other services were excellent; the best I have encountered (out of 15+ cruises). I didn't know you can write letters to Princess (where do you send it to?). I didn't know about the "you made a difference" card (obviously I never received one in my cabin). On the last night of the cruise, I did receive a thank you note and on it, it said I will receive an e-mail asking for my experience with that cruise. It has been a month since I returned, and I still have not received any e-mail from Princess asking for my experience on that cruise.

On my next cruise, if I am very happy with the services, I will ask the Purser's desk where/who I can write to.

I am sure they do for sheer entertainment purpose but still forums are a very small percentage of the travel population. .

Although posters here a definitely a small percentage of the total market share, posts typically reflect opinions of seasoned cruisers, who are part of the cruise line's niche market. What's reflected in the small simple here can really provide a good representation of opinion as a whole.

I would imagine ships crews are far to busy to be browsing these forums. They are mostly young and would/should be leading more interesting lives. Just the same as any other job if you worked at macys or Marks and Spencer would you come home and read forums to see what people had said about their experience...think about it! The cruise lines will pay agencies to monitor the forums and highlight any useful comments good or bad. I have heard people are also paid to post.

Hi All:

I hope that Princess monitors this forum because I want to compliment one of their employees. I had found that Berda Davis is the group service agent for the Star Princess and arranges for the cruise critic roll calls meet and greets. I sent Berda an email, and received a reply in no more then 10 minutes with the date, available time, and location. It was that easy.

Thanks Berda

Sincerely,

Joe

Would you mind sharing Berda's email or how I can contact her. Our M&G is a long way off (Feb '11) , but it's good to have contacts in place.

Thanks

Anna

Archived