What is solid line between Century 1064 and 1066, or 1067 and 1069?

tak2

What an interesting question. Never noticed those before. I have no idea what it might mean but I looked at the deck plans and saw similar lines on other cabin decks as well, some near the aft elevators and some midship. I wonder actually if it's just something drawn on the deck plans but they mean nothing. I know sometimes deck plans aren't completely accurate. (Seen some deckplans that have a few inside rooms that look a bunch bigger than all the others but in reality, they are the same.)

hopefully someone knows the answer. :)

I don't think they are anything and it's probably just artistic license. They amended the deck plans about four years ago when Century was renovated. The Sports Deck was lengthened (there are a couple of thicker lines on that deck too) and they added a few cabins and also balconies to the now designated Concierge Class cabins on decks 10 and 9.

Phil

I don't think they are anything and it's probably just artistic license. They amended the deck plans about four years ago when Century was renovated. The Sports Deck was lengthened (there are a couple of thicker lines on that deck too) and they added a few cabins and also balconies to the now designated Concierge Class cabins on decks 10 and 9.

Phil

Thanks.

That reminds me of posts talking about the newer cabins having rattling noises from the balcony doors. Perhaps the thick line is where the additional cabins meet the old.

From your photos, I note that 1071 has a deeper balcony than what is depicted on the deck plan. Is that correct?

Yes, that is right, but they didn't add any cabins to the sides of the Penthouse Deck, so the lines just appeared there. All the Sky Suites now have a balcony about the same size (Sports Deck and Penthouse Deck). They added a few extra Sky Suites to the Sports Deck in 2006 and many more balconies to decks 9 and 10. They were able to increase the size of the Sky Suite, Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite balconies on deck 10 because they are extended over the new balconies on deck 9. If that makes sense.

Phil

... Suite balconies on deck 10 because they are extended over the new balconies on deck 9. If that makes sense.

Phil

Yes. I can see in your cabin 1071 photo where the new addition starts. Virtually doubling the size of the balcony!

Thanks for the explanation.

There's a difference between being meticulous or not. Being observant or not.

When the deck plans were first released for Solstice, (I'm not sure if they have been changed) the hump cabin numbers were all offset by one.

There are so many examples of miss-alignment and errors on X ship diagrams that I put little faith in them. I guess that is why so many cruise critic members ask about specific cabin numbers, as you did. However, sometimes there is just no answer to some questions.:confused:

I have another explanation. I believe those lines signify the boundary between two watertight compartments. There is probably a watertight door in the hallway at that point. The wall is thicker between watertight compartments and, at least on Azamara ships, extends through the balcony. If the watertight boundary also extends through the balcony on Century then the balcony divider between 1064 and 1066 will be a solid wall instead of the usual balcony divider. The thicker line also appears between 1100 and 1102, for example.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Dave

I was wondering if the thicker line signifies a steel partition between the cabins, which would lead to a similar separation in the balcony, giving more privacy.

After my original post, I was able to search the forum and saw photos of 1069, which did not show such steel partition on the balcony. There goes my theory.:o

Archived