Introduction and Question

M311

This is my first post on CC, but I have been reading the boards for a while. My fiance and I are getting married in March and are planning on cruising on the Carniva Legend out of Tampa for our honeymoon. I've been on one RCI cruise, but I didn't plan any of it, so I'm new to setting up everything myself and any tips would be appreciated!

-Who did you use to book your cruise? The Carnival website, something like expedia, TA, etc.

- If you do an excursion through the cruiseline (we are looking at zip lining in Belize), how much do you tip the guide?

Thanks so much! Look forward to posting more!

I booked my cruises right on Carnival's website. Looked at the different promotions they had going on at the time. For me, I liked their Early Saver program. All three of my current bookings are through the early saver program.

After I decided which cruise and for how much, I looked at the deck plans to pick a cabin that I liked in the category that I could afford. Inside rooms being the least expensive.Then the price starts going up...port hole rooms, oceanview, balconies with obstructed views, or suites etc ...different types of cabins on different ships. After I figured out what I wanted, then I called Carnival and booked my cruise.

Good luck!! And remember, you can always come back here and ask questions if you get stuck something.

This is my first post on CC, but I have been reading the boards for a while. My fiance and I are getting married in March and are planning on cruising on the Carniva Legend out of Tampa for our honeymoon. I've been on one RCI cruise, but I didn't plan any of it, so I'm new to setting up everything myself and any tips would be appreciated!

-Who did you use to book your cruise? The Carnival website, something like expedia, TA, etc.

- If you do an excursion through the cruiseline (we are looking at zip lining in Belize), how much do you tip the guide?

First off Congrats on your up coming neptuals, And Welcome to Cruise Critic...You will gain a ton of knowledge just reading these forums...

Policy here is you can not advertise any travel agencys so your answer wont be a solid answer...I use a TA... our Family has used him for several years and he works hard for us....

As far as Tipping goes what ever you feel good about...if he/she/or they provide great service for both you and your future hubby...

Have a wonderful cruise

First off Welcome Aboard!

Woodey is correct, recommending of a particular TA etc. is not allowed. That being said, I have used TA's, called Carnival diectly and the last few cruises have been through a PVP (personal vacation planner) who has been great! So it is whatever you are comfortable with.

Tipping really is a personal choice. We have been on excusions where we tipped the fellow $40 because he was great (which was 20%) and on others that were similarly priced only $10 - it really depends on the experience you have with the particular guide, etc.

Hope you have a fabulous wedding and have a great time on the Legend. That's the only Spirit Class I haven't been on (they are my favorite class).

I have used both travel agents and booked direclt through the cruiseline. I recommend you go directly through the cruiseline. If you have any questions or issues come up the cruiseline WILL NOT deal with you. Yo must go through the travel agent. That all takes time, and sometimes the information gets a little muddied going through someone in between

We always cross check with a number of cruise websites and what our TA quotes us. Sometimes he is the best price quote, sometimes not. Since you're just starting out, you might do best with a TA or working with Carnival directly. Would suggest a balcony cabin unless budget is the number one concern.

We usually tip excursion guides $5.00 each, but we have had some extraordinary guides that we tipped much more.

Enjoy your cruise, The Legend is a great ship.

I always do my research on the Carnival website, decide which cruise is right for me, and then call my PVP at Carnival & book it with him. I always choose my cabin # myself.

With regard to tipping on tours, we generally do about $10/pp.

Congrats to you and the fiancé .

We went thru a TA our first cruise , the others we have used a PVP with great results .

We always pick our own rooms , I would recommend picking a room with cabins above and below . We always book the Lido deck now , for convenience .

As far as tipping that is a personal preference I believe , if we do an excursion that is not ship sponsored we tip about 20 .

Now I have a question for all regarding tips for ship sponsored excursions , Is it rude if I do not tip extra considering it is after all one that is sponsored thru the ship .

Archived